Thread: Farmers Guardian app edition: What do you think?

Farmers Guardian app edition: What do you think?

Hi Guys,

The Farmers Guardian app editon (for iPad & iPhone) has now been available since the beginning of May, with over 6,000 unique users.

We wanted to know what you think of it and, if you haven't downloaded it, what can be done to make the app edition beneficial to you?

Do you like the app?
    What would you like to see extra?
    What can we do to help your more as farmers?

You can download a FREE VERSION of the app for the Apple store whenever you like...

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/farm...an/id634473164

Thanks for your time!

Re: Farmers Guardian app edition: What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by woody44z View Post
    Hi Guys,

We wanted to know what you think of it and, if you haven't downloaded it, what can be done to make the app edition beneficial to you?
    Get it on android!

Quote Originally Posted by poorbuthappy View Post
    Get it on android!
    That's something we will definitely look at if enough readers demand it...

Downloading

Used to use farmers guardian online on a regular basis especially to find out when and where the local machinery auctions would be held. Now I dont bother as I object having to sign in just to view something.

Quote Originally Posted by renewablejohn View Post
    Used to use farmers guardian online on a regular basis especially to find out when and where the local machinery auctions would be held. Now I dont bother as I object having to sign in just to view something.
    Same here, they keep emailing me but only allow one page view or something if you click through.
    Don't see why I should keep signing in, they already have the email to spam with, I just ignore them.
    IMO trying to enforce creating an account is the first step to paywalling.

Oh and iPhones are very much secondary to Android for some time now - no idea why it seems obligatory to release on there and do Android as an afterthought only when prompted.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    Same here, they keep emailing me but only allow one page view or something if you click through.
    Don't see why I should keep signing in, they already have the email to spam with, I just ignore them.
    IMO trying to enforce creating an account is the first step to paywalling.

Oh and iPhones are very much secondary to Android for some time now - no idea why it seems obligatory to release on there and do Android as an afterthought only when prompted.

Thanks for this insightful feedback, it is all being noted.

My tuppence worth , as an online edition for a mobile/ iPhone app it is too expensive for such a small screen . The weekly edition should be given free to app users but say two weeks behind . In the hope that they like it and go on to buy your current weeks edition either in paper version or app .

Another vote for Android here, you could include us poorer farmers that can't afford an Ipad then too . I don't use my android device to view your website as I use the laptop instead so won't appear on your web analytics as an android visitor however if there was an e version I'd subscribe to it.
    Stay in Northamptonshire - meadowviewcottages.co.uk

Android here too

Tried it on an IPad and didn't like it does not seem as much content as the paper especially adverts that I like to browse through in the paper , I didn't always buy the paper anyway prior to taking app edition and only tended to buy it
    when something in it was of interest , I thought the app may have made me read it more but no I found that I only downloaded every other weeks so not good value for me .

Would much rather read something in a newspaper than on a computer screen, let alone on my phone; i rate my smart phone as one of the most useless phones i've had for it's main purpose ie making phone calls.

So whilst all this e this that and the other and uploads, downloads and sideloading might be fine for some, i'll stick to buying FG in paper format.