Thread: AG-372 antenna

AG-372 antenna

I have a ez500 unlocked to rtk with an ag25 antenna. However the 25 does not seem to track as many satellites as my old egnos antenna. would the AG-372 work and would it need unlocking? or would my existing unlock code work ?

Re: AG-372 antenna

See no reason the antenna wouldn't work with it. Shouldn't need any unlocking I wouldn't think as the box in unlocked so that shouldn't change.

Whether it will help you number of sats though I've no idea. How many sats are you getting?

The number of sats varies considerably, in the same spot in a field it can b e as high as 9 but then the next day only 4. I can going along fine with good sat strength around the 7 to 9 go back to refill drill and when back in the field only 4 or 5. Often if I re boot it seems to gain a few sats but that means my rtk takes ages to gain a phone re connection, so re booting is not an option. Ironically first thing in the morning the phone connection is fairly instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim 86FR View Post
    I have a ez500 unlocked to rtk with an ag25 antenna. However the 25 does not seem to track as many satellites as my old egnos antenna. would the AG-372 work and would it need unlocking? or would my existing unlock code work ?

The Satellites you are now seeing on the RTK signal, are actually the number of Satellite's you have in common with the Base Station. If you go into the 500 and change the correction from RTK to Egnos, you'll see a difference in numbers straight away.

You require to have at least 4 sats in common with the base in order to keep an RTK fix. Though usually when it drops to 5 the system goes into Float or DGPS.

Therefore there isn't any point in going for a 372.

The only thing that will improve it, is if you have the ability to look at GPS AND Glonass Satellite's. This requires the Base station and receiver/display both being unlocked for Glonass. the ez-guide 500 does not support this feature unfortunately.

There has been a lot of issues in the past 3 months with the GPS satellite constellation. 2 were giving out bad signals and were consequently "turned off for repair". as well as this the available satellites were all sitting very low on the horizon giving poor positions as well. This was at varying times of day. according to Omnistar, the time we are affected gets 8minutes earlier each day...

Hope some of this helps!
    Last edited by 4wd; 31-10-13 at 08:19 AM.