Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stiff steering International 956XL.

Re: Stiff steering International 956XL.

Yes, it could be, are you absolutely certain you have have cleaned out that orifice in the divider ?

Next I'd be checking to see how much flow you have going into the obitrol, if you have good flow going in then check it coming out & check the steering pressure at a ram supply pipe

Yes it could be an obitrol fault, the obitrol, if I remember correctly, has a block on the front that contains the steering relief valve & a cross line relief valve.
    But first I'd be flow testing the pump ( unless this happened suddenly.

Quote Originally Posted by ristovu View Post
    Thank you for your answer IH574!

I took the flow divider apart, and in deed there were a few small orfices. They all were open. From one groove I found what seemed to me as a part of an o-ring. Could the problem be in orbitrol, there are O-rings, right?

Best Regards

Risto

It could well be in the obitrol, if I remember correctly there's a block on the front that contains the steering RV.
    After that I'd be doing pressure & flow checks

Thank you IH574! Others have also said, that flow and pressure should be checked. I guess it will be repair shop job, it's not worth to buy gauges for one job only.
    But I will let you know, what was the result of repair diagnosis.

Best Regards

Risto

In one of the original posts there was mention of a relief valve. I do not know anything about those tractors, but I have put a previous post about a zero turn Hustler mower we had problems with. We thought the pumps were knackered and had them tested, of course the pump people automatically say the pumps are finished, but I am convinced they would still have performed. They tested the relief valve and it was knackered, so we had to buy a new relief valve from the agents, admittedly only 120 not 800 for the pumps, but it cured the problem.
    Also in my post I mentioned that we had taped magnets outside the filter. There was no way you could see the contamination in the oil, but you could see the contamination very clearly outlined around the magnets. This tip was given to me by a mate, I sometimes wonder if it would not be a good idea to fit magnets on engines as well as hydraulic systems.
    The magnets were very cheap off the net.
    jack caley

Thank you for your answers! I made a test, and by passed the relief valve so the orbitrol had constant pressure, pics as an attacment. Tried to find out, if the relief valve was the culprit of the problems.
    Unfortunately passing the relief valve had no effect.
    Steerinf cylinder leaks to outside, so I get that resealed next, maybe thats the problem.

Best Regards

Risto

https://i.postimg.cc/ryP0XFhZ/DSC-06182.jpg