Thread: Land wanted for metal detecting in Yorkshire

Exclamation Land wanted for metal detecting in Yorkshire

Hello
    Firstly imsorry to post on here , but Iím at my whits end , Iím trying to acquire someland to do some metal detecting on in the Yorkshire area , i have asked where ilive and not had any joy , as they are mostly very rude. i understand that usdetectorists have a bad name but it is the minority that let us down. I aminsured in case anything goes wrong ( to date it never has ) this is throughthe NCMD (National Council for Metal Detecting) i take great pride to alwaysmake sure my holes are filled in completely .You wouldnít notice where i hadeven been. I have had some fantastic finds over the years and class myself as aavid historian of the local area and would love the chance to find a farm wecould detect on and also to prove that not all detectorists are a nuisance. Ifthe day ever came where I found something of real value we would of course go50/50 with the land owner , other finds we would be willing to show at the endof a day and anything the landowner took a shine to we would of course hand itover if he/she wanted it , itís mainly for the pleasure of the hobby. Baddetectorists have given us all a bad name which is a shame as a vast majorityof us are sensible and follow the rules . There are several benefits to farmersof allowing Metal detectors on the land. 1) To remove any waste from the land.2) If any waste is found on the land sharp metal etc this can cause harm tolivestock. 3) Learn more about the history of land if any founds are made..
    Please could anylovely farm owner help me out please. I will more than happy to help anyfarmers out in process as i have done in the past.

Re: Land wanted for metal detecting in Yorkshire

Where in Yorkshire are you?

I'm in North Yorkshire

Hi Andy

Im based in Leeds area but willing to travel throughout Yorkshire.

Regards