Thread: Drill Choice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Drill Choice

I'm looking to buy a drill, a Claydon would be my ideal drill but even second hand they are out of my price range at the moment. Has anyone got any experience with a Freeflow or CO4?

I know both drills are equally capable of drilling cultivated land but what are they like for direct drilling? They are both pretty simple and seem cheap to run, low wearing parts.

The dale converted FreeFlow looks good and I've found a couple in my price range, they also look very well built.

Has anyone got any experience with either of them? I'm new to drilling we have always had someone in to do it at home but Its something we could do ourselves and hopefully add it to our contracting outfit so any help is appreciated

Re: Drill Choice

We have direct drilled with co4 for osr for years with good success. We like the drill for min tilled wheat etc. and after trio type machine. Cheap to run and easy to pull.

J

I tried to direct drill with a freeflow it kept blocking up as not enough stagger on tines and rear transport tyres and bearings a nightmare

3m SR claydon for sale in North Yorks 18500 2007 model