Thread: Impatient drivers

Impatient drivers

Although no harm done I am glad there were only 15 sheep and not two big cows in the trailer when this person decided they must get out before me.
    There was nothing following me so 5 seconds wait and I would not have had to brake from 50mph to 30mph
    This sort of thing happens almost every trip with the trailer on these days, which is part of the reason I got this camera.
    With the Isuzu you have ample power to keep up with typical main road traffic so the apparent desire to not get stuck behind a 'slow' vehicle does not apply.
    Just as well the brakes are good too or they would get the rear of their cars modified.

Note Roadhawk camera has a very wide lens which makes things look further away than they are.
    (clock was set on BST so one hour ahead of actual time)

Re: Impatient drivers

I know the feeling. I regularly have to take the tractor (Fastrac) along a road, national speed limit, which passes two garden centres. We all know the type of people who frequent garden centres, especially mid week (retired people to use the polite terminology). You can see them stopping at the junction, looking, thinking oh its a tractor, plenty of time and pulling out, thank god for decent brakes. They then spend the next 3 miles trundling along at 35mph wondering why that tractor seems to be keeping up with them, and I am blamed for holding up the traffic?

They do that crap here too

If you were to eventually catch up with them you get accused of harassment.

Some character pulled out of a side road in front of me the other day so I flashed my lights and over took him.

When I was more or less along side, he swung the wheel to the right in an undisguised attempt to side wipe me! I've never experienced anything like that in my life. W registered Transit pickup, so....

When towing a horse trailer (sorry!), I sometimes get the smart alec pulling out from the side road to try to get in front what they assume wil be a slow moving vehicle. I always report them to plod. Occasionally, I get one who is sympathetic and get a report back that they've visited the miscreant and given him a dressing down. That is very satisfying! Our Scottish police are wonderful (some of the time).

You guys should try driving a Land Rover... Happens every time you go anywhere, towing or not!
    My dad's Land Rover is fairly well tweaked and comfortably does normal car speeds yet all people see it as is a Land Rover... We've had screeching tyres with an empty trailer. If there's space then you just keep the diesel flowing and let the horn sing

Arch

You lot just drive slower than my grandma.

If you are unwilling or unable (due to towing etc) to keep up with the traffic and have a queue of vehicles behind you, the logical thing is to surely pull over and let them past?

Good choice of tunes on the radio there mind.

Nothing winds me up more than the 45mph trolls on roads these days. Over-taking them is your only option.

The Roadhawk is a good camera for catching those impatient idiots isn't it. I wasn't aware time & date would be on the screen. I never bother viewing the card from mine but I will from now on.

BB

Quote Originally Posted by Basilbrush View Post
    The Roadhawk is a good camera for catching those impatient idiots isn't it. I wasn't aware time & date would be on the screen. I never bother viewing the card from mine but I will from now on.

BB
    It's not bad, one thing you do have to watch if you leave it overwriting the card continuously it can gradually lose capacity or fails to record altogether.
    They advise formatting it every couple of weeks or so (will depend how big your card is to some extent)
    I haven't seen a problem so far, other than forgetting to take it with me as I don't like leaving it in a freezing cold damp vehicle this time of year.