Thread: 10 kW solar

10 kW solar

Currently considering putting panels on new grain store which is situated just beside my house!!!! The roof is south facing and will be better than spoiling farm house with panels!! How are these size of systems performing?

Re: 10 kW solar

Quote Originally Posted by wjb7030 View Post
    Currently considering putting panels on new grain store which is situated just beside my house!!!! The roof is south facing and will be better than spoiling farm house with panels!! How are these size of systems performing?
    I've had a 3.6kW (peak) system for just over 2 years now, and it's managed just about 4MW.hours each year despite being partly shaded in the early mornings. That's in South Suffolk, and you might get a little more or a little less than that depending on location. Absolutely no problems with it whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by wjb7030 View Post
    Hi
    Depending where you are in the country you should be looking at 8500 - 9500 kWh's per year. Obviously this depends on roof orientation and slope.

You need to have an EPC rating of D or above for the farmhouse and if you are not on three phase you'll need a G59/2 application to your local DNO.

There are good deals around on quality panels and inverters so you should be looking at a decent ROI.

If you need any further advice just give me a shout

Regards

Mike
    0796 462 9142 50 kW Solar OFFER

What also difference if any to night solar/ light or are panals all the same?