Thread: international 6 cylinder project

international 6 cylinder project

just a couple of photos to show a bit of progress with the tinwork , ignore the burnt aspect of it as it came of a fired 1056 and 4230 , paint will cure them . aint got much time at the moment to move it along at any speed so might not alter much more this year, i'm thinking of puttin another panel below the one where the stickers are to drop the lines a bit and cover up some more of the engine , down to where it would be on a 1056 etc. needs a bit of sorting around front end too .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: international 6 cylinder project

Look good, did you sort out the top speed?

yeah had to start again with a new transmission from an industrial 258 , its got the BS tranny , high speed diff and wide ratio box , does about 40mph now !! puts a smirk on your face , had to rebuild front axle to make it safe to drive at that speed though , biggest problem is stopping , it tends to just lock up back wheels . you just have to drive it sensibly, the trouble is now though , with that speed it making the clutch slip with the added pressure of driving those big wheels at those speeds , needs a flywheel mod i think , just carefull with it for now though. the acceleration is awsome , power to weight ratio is like a tornado , sounds awsome too!!

How much HP is the engine putting out now?

Quote Originally Posted by kipper View Post
    How much HP is the engine putting out now?
    not sure , but the fuel is turned up too max and its got a huge garrett turbo on it , very little black smoke when boosting so its making use of the fuel , i reckon it must be around 150 , need to get it licenced and no. plated , then i can go to local dealers dyno , thats if the pto drive line will stand it

Looks a beast John. Dis you fit a gearbox from a 4230 or similar?

Quote Originally Posted by essexpete View Post
    Looks a beast John. Dis you fit a gearbox from a 4230 or similar?
    no pete , it has a gearbox from an industrial 74 series, it has the BS designated transmission, took some finding, straight drive , no TA . nowt to go wrong . it also has massive drum brakes instead of the internal handbrake band , better job i think , however it doesnt hold any better on a hill

Quote Originally Posted by john8210 View Post
    no pete , it has a gearbox from an industrial 74 series, it has the BS designated transmission, took some finding, straight drive , no TA . nowt to go wrong . it also has massive drum brakes instead of the internal handbrake band , better job i think , however it doesnt hold any better on a hill
    How have you got the gear change sorted?

made a completly new linkage system for it , connects perfectly to the 42 set up , smooth a silk, retains the lightening strike , but in a straight line if you get my meaning , you just have to feel the gears as your going through them , works fine . those L cab type gear linkages are notoriously rough and bad to manage plus getting jammed in between gears , always problematic , this is purely down to a dated and shite linkage set up , now cured with my new set up, basically ball joint and pivots.

made a completly new linkage system for it , connects perfectly to the 42 set up , smooth a silk, retains the lightening strike , but in a straight line if you get my meaning , you just have to feel the gears as your going through them , works fine . those L cab type gear linkages are notoriously rough and bad to manage plus getting jammed in between gears , always problematic , this is purely down to a dated and shite linkage set up , now cured with my new set up, basically ball joint and pivots.
    Clever stuff John.

It could well be more than 150 John if she has a big blower on it, shes going to be a sight to see going flat out down the road, top gear everywhere!!
    Paul
    Give it full throttle

Need to get it finished now Paul, getting that tin work temp fitted has given me theurgeagain to get it finished , just about 10 days in the week eh. Once I've done that its Time to move back to the 1055. The engine on that is a bit lazy so I might give it an overhaul before turboing it. Could just do with a lottery win to fund it all !

got a bit more done over christmas, all tinwork sprayed today, maxxum red , looks a bit pink in the flash light , but looks great in the flesh, got the chassis stripped for a bit of a rub down , not gonna blast it as there aint much rust. not sure about wheels yet, probably gonna go silver but what about IH cream to add a bit of nostalga to it ?? or will it look a bit much??
    Attached Images Attached Images

The finish on them body panels look fantastic fair play. You sure three spools going to be enough!!! Needs a Dromone push out hitch now to create the perfect yard tractor!!!
    Ond lle bu'r arad' ar y ffridd Yn rhywgo'r gwanwyn pr o'r pridd

funny you should say that!! i have a push out hitch from a big steyr and its heading for that nash i think !! the bonnet has the best finish on it , i spent a lot of time on it preping the surface, the mudguards are ok but they were very badly pitted after being sat outside after a fire and let go rusty, good enough though.

Are you going to put a cab on john?
    Impressive work as usual.

no cab. its staying as it is i'm afraid. great fun in good weather , you have wear glasses when driving it at speed though, specially in summer with bugs around . it will take a standard 42 series cab , low profile or XL in future. might spoil it though. i may put a canopy and roof on it yet.

That looks real smart A few hours used up on her now I bet

You wont spoil it with a cab,put one on it,it would finish it off,if you don't like it ,you can always take it off.

here is a link to facebook with photosof the beast now that its almost finished

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7067...type=1&theater

Needs a cab .
    The views posted are mine and not those of my employers

Quote Originally Posted by deere2140 View Post
    Needs a cab .
    if i ever found a cab from an XL 42 series, that would go straight on it . she only started out as a fun project and yard tractor, looks to good to use now though

totally ridiculous, he has had that for sale for about 2 yr , hoping for an insurance job i think , wouldnt be so bad if it was complete

totally ridiculous, he has had that for sale for about 2 yr , hoping for an insurance job i think , wouldnt be so bad if it was complete
    A nice project there John....If anyone's interested I'm having a rid out now I have no 956's and have a complete D358 for sale with head,pump,fuel filters and bell housing....no starter or manifold....bought many years ago from a dealer that had inherited it in its stores....she doesn't turn over and they knew nothing of her history so I would treat as a strip down or ideal for a conversion...PM me if interested..