Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mengele Sh40/ pottinger mex 6/ something else???

Re: Mengele Sh40/ pottinger mex 6/ something else???

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Holden View Post
    Fear not Mr S! I have been watching this thread. Modesty has kept me from replying! I honestly think I did admit that the steel wheel securing had been a challenge, but quite why your experience was such a pain, I don't know. I did see your earlier posts and while scathing I understand why you made them. Actually I took them on the chin as your other post concerning your feeder on another subject was complimentary so I'll take is 15 all! -
    Ah I thought I'd tempt you out the woodwork eventually, sorry but I couldn't but help try and raise a bite. Well I can only speak from experience and your right I love the mixer wagon but just not the new chopper, loved the old one so I think its actually 30-15 to you to be fair!!

Quote Originally Posted by wr. View Post
    "Wasn't set up rite" as Everything red said. On the other hand, it may have been a "parcel of poo." Another gem from the same gentleman. Take your pick.
    i think if you look again you'll see that i said "SOUNDS like it wasn't set up rite",there is a difference, "NEVER RAN A JF SO I'M NOT QUALIFIED TO COMMENT ON THEM" is what you said,i have ran mengele,pottinger and jf,i know which one is a gem and which one is a parcel of poo but you can take your pick

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    what was the difference in a ten blade flywheel as to a 12 blade on the older mengele sh40
    With a ten blade you can have 5 or 10
    with a 12 blade you can have 6 8 9 10 or 12 no problem
    trouble is a 12 knife you probably don't get as much grass in her because the blades are in the way of the grass
    12 blade usually used on reverse drive machines .
    mengele / lely storm the supply of parts is a lot easier too. No problem also generally the cost of bits has gone down since Ruston engineering had it.

We have always ran jf foragers in the past and was always happy with the output from them fc 800 used to eat 35-40 acres a day and the 900 nearly 50 . Having been called out to help out a neighbour who's sh40 had broken down his trailer lads could not believe how much faster the 900 went! But as you say set up is vital on them. We traded up to a claas 682 s this year and that is another league from trailed and cost less to buy and you don't need the big tractor to drive it either

Quote Originally Posted by Longman View Post
    We have always ran jf foragers in the past and was always happy with the output from them fc 800 used to eat 35-40 acres a day and the 900 nearly 50 . Having been called out to help out a neighbour who's sh40 had broken down his trailer lads could not believe how much faster the 900 went! But as you say set up is vital on them. We traded up to a claas 682 s this year and that is another league from trailed and cost less to buy and you don't need the big tractor to drive it either
    Have to agree, we have an 800

Seeing the money on tidy second hand spfh's it's difficult to understand why someone would want to buy a brand new trailed machine. But I'm open minded and wait to hear the reasons. There must be some valid ones.
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wr. View Post
    Seeing the money on tidy second hand spfh's it's difficult to understand why someone would want to buy a brand new trailed machine. But I'm open minded and wait to hear the reasons. There must be some valid ones.
    because i dont own a 416 jcb

Quote Originally Posted by zsnotdead View Post
    because i dont own a 416 jcb
    Neither do I
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

Neither do I!!

Went from a NH719 - JF900 - Mengele SH40 - Pottinger mex6 - to this :-

SPFH makes the job so much easier, no need to keep it going silly hours and can do the area in 1/2 the time - a much needed bonus these last 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by fergieman View Post

SPFH makes the job so much easier, no need to keep it going silly hours and can do the area in 1/2 the time - a much needed bonus these last 2 years.
    Was feeling left out as they were all talking about claas foragers and I wondered if I was the only one with a yellow machine!!! Its nice once you make the step up, I wouldn't go back so much less stressful I've found!

Quote Originally Posted by fergieman View Post

apart from the nh719 what is your opinion on the other three trailed harvesters you used?

Quote Originally Posted by miketm150 View Post
    Was feeling left out as they were all talking about claas foragers and I wondered if I was the only one with a yellow machine!!! Its nice once you make the step up, I wouldn't go back so much less stressful I've found!
    Ok, don't rub it in. One day just maybe I'll have a chance to perhaps persuade you differently, "what goes around comes around" and I'm not talking about steel wheels either!! -

Ok, don't rub it in. One day just maybe I'll have a chance to perhaps persuade you differently, "what goes around comes around" and I'm not talking about steel wheels either!! -
    You'll get to rub it in when my SP goes bang and it costs as much as your JF to put it right!!!

I hope it doesn't go bang! If it does it will cost much more than repairing one of ours. Saw several in dealers this year through stone ingestion and they were major repairs! Anyway, if we get what we have been talking with the designers about, we'll come and see if we can redeem ourselves!-

You'll get to rub it in when my SP goes bang and it costs as much as your JF to put it right!!!

I hope it doesn't go bang! If it does it will cost much more than repairing one of ours. Saw several in dealers this year through stone ingestion and they were major repairs! Anyway, if we get what we have been talking with the designers about, we'll come and see if we can redeem ourselves!-
    Just tell the designer's to make it twice as big as the calculation says because were guaranteed to push it harder and faster! Look forward to the challenge!

Just tell the designer's to make it twice as big as the calculation says because were guaranteed to push it harder and faster! Look forward to the challenge!
    Yup, hope to see you in the field! Choppers at the ready! -

Quote Originally Posted by fendt818 View Post
    apart from the nh719 what is your opinion on the other three trailed harvesters you used?

Only ever had 100hp on the JF900 so maybe didn't get the best from it but it seemed to keep losing blades up the spout and into the trailer! Easy fixed though.

SH40 had 100hp and then 145hp so got more output. It was a good machine with very little trouble.

Mex6 had 170hp on it so again more output. Parts were expensive but they have changed importers so they have come down abit. Did have a few problems with it.

As far as out put went not a fair comparison as HP increased with each machine. Mengele was probally the one that gave least problems.