Thread: Oil for Quad Rear Diff

Oil for Quad Rear Diff

I have a Kawasaki KVF 650 and my local dealer has moved on so I am going to service it myself. In the manual (seems to be US manual) it states to use either MOBIL Fluid 424, CITGO TRANSGUARD TRACTOR HYDRAULIC FLUID or EXXON HYDRAUL 560.

What should I use? Normal Tractor hydraulic oil like I would use in the JCB telehandler/Digger etc?

There seems to be a leak at the seal on the rear diff so does anyone know if thats easy fixed?

Re: Oil for Quad Rear Diff

Use UTTO or that suitable for wet brakes, since that's whats in there. :> NOT hyd oil.

Changing the seal on the axle is a fairish job, you have to strip off the hubs, clean the shaft end to end and pull it out. through the 'diff'.

As Timbo says - use UTTO - eg Case HyTran Ultra & JD HyGard both cross reference to Mobil Fluid 424

Quote Originally Posted by Old Codger View Post
    As Timbo says - use UTTO - eg Case HyTran Ultra & JD HyGard both cross reference to Mobil Fluid 424
    Standard UTTO is fine- hytran ultra & JD oil would be overkill in this. Just change the oils yearly. Front axle takes 10w-40 engine oil, nothing else.

Cheers for that. Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to find.