Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a few old zetors .

Re: a few old zetors .

and a few of a zetor sign which we picked up in an antique shop recently , the back was missing so we just mounted it to the workshop wall , i haven't got around to wiring it up yet ,

Quote Originally Posted by greendragon3 View Post
    hi robbie , thanks for the kind comments , thats a great story and reminds me of a story i heard a few years ago when we used to cut contract silage on the country , a chap from the next county had invested huge money into a sliage outfit and bought a very fresh ford 7700 two wheel drive tractor to run the harvester , one day whilst cutting some particular heavy crop the engine went wallop without warning , something to do with going pourous and craking the liners i dont really know ( a common ford trait im led to believe ) anyway off she went to be repaired and being the busy season he asked the garage that were undertaking the rebuild if they would have a high horsepower tractor to take the place of the ford for the few days down time , the boss sent the young fella around the back to get the " loner " ,( it had to be removed from the briars first ) , the contractors face fell when he emerged around the corner in a very worse for wear battered 14145 zetor crystal , " that's all i have take it or leave it exclaimed the garage man " no doubt with a wry smile on his face , well the contractor cursed under his breath but had no choice but take the worn out beast , when he got her home and hooked it up to the harvester he decided that this was going to be her last foray and he would be sending it back to the garage well cooked to wipe the smile off the garage man , BUT when he sent her into the swath there wasn't a drop in rpm's , a change in engine note or any black smoke like he was used to with the ford , he couldn't believe it , he tried his best to " kill it " for three weeks but to no avail , ha actually lifted more grass than he ever thought possible with the shiny ford it changed his whole perception of zetors from that day on and he would have nothing else around the place since .
    Did the zetor 14145 not have about 130hp and six cylinders? no wonder it pissed on the ford.

The 2nd annual North West Vintage and Heritage Club Vintage Tractor & Car round Lough Melvin run takes place on Sunday June 6th.
    Participants are asked to assemble at Kinlough Community Centre at 11.30am. Leaving @ 12.30pm. Short stop at Garrison. Refreshments served at Askill Community Centre before returning to Kinlough. Proceeds go to S.H.O.U.T.
    For further information contact 071 9841476 or 087 9489057. Come out and support this worthy cause.

here is a few pictures of our at last years run ,

Hello.

I was reading this thread as I was on the hunt for zetor rear lights.

You are possibly aware but Barlow's have had the rear lights re made and are on sale now at long last which is great.

There also have some new zetor front bonnet badges in also.

http://www.barlowsag.co.uk/Parts+Sal...ge+Zetor+Parts

Cheers