Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks BFF!

Thanks BFF!

Just wanted to say thank you to Blue & the team for their continued efforts. The BFF is a fountain of knowledge.

Clive is now cashing in big style, with adverts all over the shop, so I am glad to play no part in that place and it's backstabbing membership. Blue has put in a sterling effort and this forum continues to flourish!
    I don't have time to post much but read every day.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Re: Thanks BFF!

+1 to this.

Without re-opening old wounds I must say that I am glad Blue decided to rebuild BFF. Its a source of invaluable knowledge for many but it wouldn't be what it is without the high quality of contributors. Any question can be asked and any opinion voiced without fear of berating by a few who think themselves superior.

So a big thanks to not only Blue but all the mods who put their time in FOC and to all the folks who make BFF what it is.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

HH

Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblebox View Post
    Just wanted to say thank you to Blue & the team for their continued efforts. The BFF is a fountain of knowledge.

Clive is now cashing in big style, with adverts all over the shop, so I am glad to play no part in that place and it's backstabbing membership. Blue has put in a sterling effort and this forum continues to flourish!

Plenty on here that do that too, and plenty that got banned or couldnt join in the first place, at least because of TFF that has changed and there are adverts here. Plenty of room for both, a little competition is good

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblebox View Post

Some of us read, enjoy and contribute on both forums- its a free country. You are entitled to your opinion but I object to your description of backstabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by wr. View Post
    Thanks from me too.

A happy Christmas everyone, and a peaceful New Year.
    Good health and good farming.

Quote Originally Posted by ploughman1963 View Post
    Some of us read, enjoy and contribute on both forums- its a free country. You are entitled to your opinion but I object to your description of backstabbing.
    agree but is barley a free country

Thanks Blue and team, stayed here, and here only.
    Happy Christmas and New Year to you all.

Thanks fellas, great forum

Merry Christmas and happy new year

Room at more than one inn I do believe.

Happy Christmas to all.

Quote Originally Posted by essexpete View Post
    Room at more than one inn I do believe.

Happy Christmas to all.
    +1 it takes all sorts!

Merry Christmas all. may the new year bring kind weather,prices and people in our lives

chris

From possibly the most southerly outpost, my Compliments of the Season to all on BFF.

I discovered the forum a few years ago when trying to sleuth problems with the knotters of the venerable B47 via Google. Since then, I've been entertained, educated and occasionally angered by the writings of posters. In addition I've met new people (including a couple of exchange visits) and been confronted with new ideas - not to mention saved a considerable amount of money as a result of business contacts made.

Someday someone might write the history of forums and if that happens I expect BFF will be seen as one of the best - certainly from my observation and experience it is.

In the words of the Hash House Harriers (of which I am not one, since I have neither a running nor a drinking problem) "On! On!".

JV

I will add to this mutual love-in by agreeing with all the above . I too have never strayed.
    (well maybe just the very odd post here and there but lets just call it the equivalent of a one night stand )

+1 Many thanks to Blue and moderators, BFF is a fountain of knowledge. Joke of the Day always brings a smile. Merry Christmas to everyone.

Agreed. I've certainly not seen any more backstabbing over yonder than I have on here. Yes TFF has taken a few ads, but they've always been part & parcel of BFF and covering Blue's expenses (& rightly so), so what's the problem?

Happy Christmas to everyone, whichever forum or forums they choose to frequent, or even if they just choose to lurk unseen.

I dont think that comment was neccesary either.plenty of room for both forums and many others that we contribute too
    nick...

tsst, if the forums only worth 10 grand to the mod, and only money at the end of the day, then whats the bitching about honestly, this forum is dead compared to TFF and everyone knows it.

As a totally perfidious poster, t'is the season to be joyful and good cheer
    So merry Christmas to all, Blue, Clive, mods, the lot!
    thanks you for bringing so many of us together
    May you all have a very prosperous new year.
    Vive la difference

Ps. John I suspect there are some Kiwis about who would dispute you
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

I enjoy both..... And others forby! I find certain forums better for answers to certain questions. Merry Christmas when it arrives & please, no forum wars/slagging, it's all an ickle bit pathetic to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    As a totally perfidious poster, t'is the season to be joyful and good cheer
    So merry Christmas to all, Blue, Clive, mods, the lot!
    thanks you for bringing so many of us together
    May you all have a very prosperous new year.
    Vive la difference

Ps. John I suspect there are some Kiwis about who would dispute you
    Ex. - yep, you could be correct; hard to know when so many don't show their location. Mind you, they would have to be south of Timaru - or in Tierra del Fuego.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilO View Post
    Agreed. I've certainly not seen any more backstabbing over yonder than I have on here. Yes TFF has taken a few ads, but they've always been part & parcel of BFF and covering Blue's expenses (& rightly so), so what's the problem?

Happy Christmas to everyone, whichever forum or forums they choose to frequent, or even if they just choose to lurk unseen.
    You're right, it's a free country, people can use whatever forums they want. I'm a big fan of forum for farming in addition to this place, F4F was set up quite openly as an alternative to the old version of this place. the people who run it were open with Kevin about what they were doing and as you'll see, there's a reciprocal link between the two forums on the front page here, to my mind, that's how it should be done, how it shouldn't be done, is to wait until your competitor suffers a catastrophic breakdown that takes their forum offline for days and then suddenly launch your own forum which you've just miraculously pulled, fully formed, out of your arse, whilst slagging off your competitor.

What's done is done and there's no point in dragging it all up again, but i suspect the OP's 'back stabbing' comment was aimed more at the people who run said forum and their past propensity for 'kick a man whilst he's down' opportunism, rather than the people who now chose to frequent the forum in question. I don't use that forum because i have a memory longer than a goldfish and i wouldn't trust the people who run it further than i could throw them, but that's just my personal opinion, if others want to use it then that's fine, it's a free country, and i have no issue with that whatsoever, I'm just pointing out why, for some of us, the way that place was started still leaves a bit of a nasty taste.

Firstly, although I hate Christmas for what it has become I wouldn't, for one second, deny anyone else the true happiness and bringing together of friends and family and for that reason I wish everyone a very happy Christmas and fervently hope that 2014 turns out to be the year of fulfillment for whatever your dreams are.

But this topic has sort of got sidetracked over the F4F issue and I urge all contributors, of all forums, to remember this : In the general scale of human evolution the Internet is a fairly recent development. And while the benefits are almost unquantifiable, in many respects it is a bit of a loose canon. This is never more evidenced than the fact that people can. and do, write things on Forums that they wouldn't necessarily say to people face to face. The Internet gives us a kind of invisibilty that actually encourages us to be more divulgent with what, in my opinion, should be our private thoughts.

But this is all part of evolution and there is nothing we can do about it. The masses have decreed that the Internet in general, and forums in particular, are going to be a shop window for our thoughts and musings. The genie is out of the bottle.

And finally a large slice of thank you cake for the Admin. and Moderators of this site. I do know what running a web site entails and you are all to be congratulated and thanked for what you do.

Unfortunately, nail on the head there matbrojoe.

BIg thanks to Peter, Mags and the other Mods for the hard work they put in to building this place back up. Hoefully see you down at LAMMA again, even if we don't have a presence as we've had before.

i never knew or really understood the politics of the various forums. i like the format of this forum but have noticed since the crash alot less posts and posters,always wondered why.

As above, I agree with Matbrojoe. I have made my views and wherefors perfectly clear to several people in person that I will not use that other place as long as BFF continues. It would be ironic if that same place had a 'random' hacking attack of its own wouldn't it? Quite agree, memory longer than goldfish is an excellent phrase. So is some coincidences are just too unlikely to be coincidental. I do remember the mutterings about whatever monetary sums were involved when BFF was running full steam. As I said at the time and I say it again, I sincerely hope all the staff/mods and Blue are pocketing millions each, it would not concern me in the slightest, I only hope it is some small compensation for the absolute hell some persons who shall remain nameless subjected them to. If that is how people choose to be behave them I am glad those responsible are gone for good, it was a disgrace at the time and I won't forget it, I was very saddened to hear of it through various channels.

May I extend my thanks in no particular order, to the staff/mods for the fair and even approach they hold and their continuing hard work. I have no doubt in my mind that BFF will regain its former glory and it continues to regrow and I think will actually end up a better place than it was to start with.

In addition may I thank:

- Cowabunga, for his seemingly endless insights into all things technical
    - The photo thread lot who are forever providing something new to look at
    - Lazyfarmer for his spirit and 'unique' point of view
    - The countless others I enjoy 'discussing' things with.

I wish all contributors and lurkers and the board itself the very best for 2014.

Fond regards

Ollie

Quote Originally Posted by Uwork4menow View Post
    As above, I agree with Matbrojoe.
    Hang on, didn't i agree with you the other day? It's truly the end of times.

BFF has been a very useful resource over the years, both in terms of disseminating information and finding practical help and ideas, and in terms of the emotional and moral support that has been given to people in need.

It costs money to run a forum like this and the advertising pays those costs and, i would imagine, returns a modest profit. Though I do think that this forum is community led, its primary function is to provide a service to the people who use it, not to make money for it's owners or gain them influence within the industry. Blue isn't using this place as a platform to flog you some tat, or to big himself up and tell us all how important he is and increase his profile within the industry, quite the opposite, the majority of members don't even know who he is.

he just provides this place, FOC, for people to use, or not use, as they see fit. Long may it continue.

I remember getting a PM from a character on the old old BFF (before it crashed, before it was hacked) basically slagging me off because I was friends at the time with someone who was getting some grief off a clique of posters and tried to stick up for them. I took this personally as it happened at a rather low point in my life and its a pity the old forum crashed as I kept the PM to remind me how horrible some people can be when hidden under the anonymity of a username. I used to read the "other" forum but it reminded me at the time of all the things I hated on the old old BFF, it may be different now, so can't comment about it at this moment in time. Nowadays I enjoy just reading BFF and occasionally posting the odd message, I enjoy being one of the admins on the BFF group on Facebook and have made some friends via there which seem a bit more "real" if you like.

Long may BFF continue.

I happen to agree with MatbroJoe and UWFMK. The manner in which the other forum appeared at the time when BFF was having issues and the google adverts that were worded to poach those looking for this forum still doesn't sit right with me which is why I don't post over there.

Anway 'tis the season to be jolly so Happy Christmas to everyone on here and thank you to Blue, Footsfitter, SamTM and 4WD for running this place for our use.

Looks like it is going to be a nasty couple of days so I hope everyone stays safe and stays dry.

Merry Christmas to all.
    Forums dont run themselves so well done to all my thanks to Footsfitter as i always enoy your contributions.
    I have learnt over time we cant go back to one forum so you have to make the most of what you have got.

Quote Originally Posted by YardofTruth View Post
    ...looks like it is going to be a nasty couple of days ..
    .. a month ago I would have agreed with you but now with a wind turbine up and running I understand why they say there is never a wind that doesn't blow somebody some good.

Totally agree with your other comments, personally I enjoy this forum a lot more now that the malcontents have somewhere else to go and leave the rest of us in peace, Merry Christmas one and all.