Thread: Krone round balers tandem axle

Krone round balers tandem axle

Krone round balers are 1of the best on the market at the moment I would say but some may disagree. v150xc more common in northumberland, but there is a v210xc running with a local contractor(7 ft) he is balding for local burners.and krone are the only company offering a tandem axle on there round balers, it is a must when you have seen baler running on road and in feild.its drops centre Of gravity by around 6 7 inches,baler sits in it like a bogey, brakes hyd or air is a option,tandem is becoming a bit of a fashion now in the north.well built baler.good forward speeds and maintains size and shape throughout the day wot eva the crop or conditions.

Re: Krone round balers tandem axle

hydrogen brakes

Quote Originally Posted by davidroberts30 View Post
    hydrogen brakes
    Hyd, short for hydraulic...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim B View Post
    Hyd, short for hydraulic...
    should have qouted the post

Quote Originally Posted by davidroberts30 View Post
    should have qouted the post
    There was a mistake but has been changed,

The boy i worked with in nz Had the first of the new 150s on a tandem set up and it melted the bushes and pins out the axle pivot in a season and a half!

Good old edit button!

Back to topic, a lad I know who currently runs a Welger belt baler, Weldger roller baler, and a McHale roller baler demo'ed a Comprima VC150 in the summer. He put it up against his Welger belt baler in straw and was very impressed. He reckons he has tried most on the market (apart from Krone), and considers the Welger to be the best but the Krone is pretty much on a par on it, as with most things advantages and disadvantages to both. Liked the build quality of Krone, and very impressed by pick up, thought it produced good firm bales, although not as polished on sides as Welger? Not heard reports of it working in silage, but apparently it performs well, better than a belt baler?

Know another chap who runs an older Krone (chain and slat type) and swears by tandem axle, rides better overall, if one wheel drops in hole, rather than drop in it rides over it being tandem axle. Not sure how much more it is to specify tandem axle?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    The boy i worked with in nz Had the first of the new 150s on a tandem set up and it melted the bushes and pins out the axle pivot in a season and a half!
    What did krone say about that then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim B View Post
    Good old edit button!

Back to topic, a lad I know who currently runs a Welger belt baler, Weldger roller baler, and a McHale roller baler demo'ed a Comprima VC150 in the summer. He put it up against his Welger belt baler in straw and was very impressed. He reckons he has tried most on the market (apart from Krone), and considers the Welger to be the best but the Krone is pretty much on a par on it, as with most things advantages and disadvantages to both. Liked the build quality of Krone, and very impressed by pick up, thought it produced good firm bales, although not as polished on sides as Welger? Not heard reports of it working in silage, but apparently it performs well, better than a belt baler?

Know another chap who runs an older Krone (chain and slat type) and swears by tandem axle, rides better overall, if one wheel drops in hole, rather than drop in it rides over it being tandem axle. Not sure how much more it is to specify tandem axle?
    The krone and welger are ruf the same both have good points and bad.but the backup from krone is probably better.the balers have come along way from the old round back.there kept the slat idea but replaced the chain for a rubber kevlour same which is used on grimmie machines.so it makes it good in straw and damp silage.

wont it just rip the ground up when turning sharp

Quote Originally Posted by valtrarule View Post
    wont it just rip the ground up when turning sharp
    it travels well dry or wet to be fair.some will think maybe a bit over kill for a round baler but when see in action it works.hils,flat,wet roads the baler just sits no bounce nice and smooth.

Sure it ended up getting full new running gear on it off there own back. They decided to change the slats and bolts after a few decided to start breaking. Was just a bit of a pain as it always happens when there's a list to get through.

Sure it ended up getting full new running gear on it off there own back. They decided to change the slats and bolts after a few decided to start breaking. Was just a bit of a pain as it always happens when there's a list to get through.
    How many bales a season and how many bales did baler do until they changed slats

Can't just mind right think it could have been about 8k when the slats got done it was actually the first year they got done sure the first year it done about 15k. I only drove it the odd day when I wasn't on the lorry or chopper was usually the mechanic that was on it

Can't just mind right think it could have been about 8k when the slats got done it was actually the first year they got done sure the first year it done about 15k. I only drove it the odd day when I wasn't on the lorry or chopper was usually the mechanic that was on it
    I see,must do a fairbit of baleing.the build quality is good compared to some on market.and as a keep saying krone as a company they're focused on straw and grassland so the equipment is spot on as is the backup.

Mchale balers as far as the eye can see in my part of the world. All models.

Quote Originally Posted by x121x View Post
    Mchale balers as far as the eye can see in my part of the world. All models.
    I will say they are good yes,but I ran against one in silage and the mchale bales were all shapes and sizes as the Krone were a constant shape and size.

Quote Originally Posted by no1demonstrator View Post
    I will say they are good yes,but I ran against one in silage and the mchale bales were all shapes and sizes as the Krone were a constant shape and size.
    never
    they cant touch fusion on baling wrapping ares did 30k bales in two and half years before chains needed doing

They'd had a krone before so just stuck with what they knew. Went to all fusions now for the baller wrapper aspect of the job.

never
    they cant touch fusion on baling wrapping ares did 30k bales in two and half years before chains needed doing
    There is only 1 baler wrapper with us and a couple mchale,am not saying the Krone better people always have there own.The wrapper in our area is using film not net.no complaints runs well.

never
    Local contractor tried everything and nothing could even touch his fusion.

i have an old roundpack, very happy with it, next would like to have a 155 comprima, but would still put fusion top of the list for combi. the 550 mchale doesnt seem to be much better than my krone, good swath really and pressure setting, is the main things. but i am known mostly for chopping the bales but i feel that is more opperater than machine fault.

Tandem axle is a real bonus on rough roads and fields.

The lely tornado is looking a good go. In my area all you see is lely welgers. The rp 445 is in my eyes the top baler on the market at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramagecvx View Post
    The lely tornado is looking a good go. In my area all you see is lely welgers. The rp 445 is in my eyes the top baler on the market at the moment.
    Mchale have took out most of the Welgers around here

Used to bale with a Roundpack, very good baler for hay and straw apart from the net used to wrap around the rubber feed roller at least 6 times a day. I've got a NH BR740 where I am now, better output on the same model of tractor and it's maybe only snagged the net 6 times in four seasons...... Overall, for the hay, haylage and straw I do, I wouldn't go past my NH. It's been a cracking baler.

Quote Originally Posted by no1demonstrator View Post
    Krone round balers are 1of the best on the market at the moment I would say but some may disagree. v150xc more common in northumberland, but there is a v210xc running with a local contractor(7 ft) he is balding for local burners.and krone are the only company offering a tandem axle on there round balers, it is a must when you have seen baler running on road and in feild.its drops centre Of gravity by around 6 7 inches,baler sits in it like a bogey, brakes hyd or air is a option,tandem is becoming a bit of a fashion now in the north.well built baler.good forward speeds and maintains size and shape throughout the day wot eva the crop or conditions.
    Wat ar the new 155 xtreme baler like how long do belts last