Thread: Design Engineering Work - East Midlands/East Anglian Machinery Manufacturer

Design Engineering Work - East Midlands/East Anglian Machinery Manufacturer

Hello,

I currently work as a Design Engineer for a multinational hydraulic valve manufacturer and have worked there for around 2 1/2 years since graduating from Harper Adams with a BSc (Hons) Agricultural Engineering.

I'm looking to move back into agricultural machinery as this is what I am passionate about. I would also like to move slightly closer to home in North Lincs (I currently live in Cheshire). Although I have a particular interest in cultivation machinery, all agricultural machinery is of interest.

I am from a farming background (220 ac mixed) and try to visit as many current and vintage/classic machinery shows as possible. I am also an Associate Member of the IAgrE.

I enjoy the practical aspects of engineering as well as the theory side and hope to find a position with a good balance of the two. I do all of the maintenance and repairs on my car and help out on the home farm whenever I am able to.

I can supply my CV on request.

Many thanks

Re: Design Engineering Work - East Midlands/East Anglian Machinery Manufacturer

*bump*

*Bump*

Saturday evening **Bump**

Hi John

You seem to have that rare mix of academic and practical skills, have you ever considered setting up your own business.
    Perhaps design and prototyping, proof of concept type work.
    Not everyone wants to engage the services of larger organisations.

good luck

Offbeat

Quote Originally Posted by offbeat View Post
    Hi John

You seem to have that rare mix of academic and practical skills, have you ever considered setting up your own business.
    Perhaps design and prototyping, proof of concept type work.
    Not everyone wants to engage the services of larger organisations.

good luck

Offbeat
    PM sent.

*bumping*...

you could drop charlie padfield a call at http://www.padcouk.com/

Quote Originally Posted by eyetee View Post
    Great to see smaller businesses engaging in this kind of development work. Commissioned development work is OK but it would be nice to find enough capital to finance some of my own ideas some day.

Quote Originally Posted by eyetee View Post
    Eyetee,

Thanks - I'll drop him a line.

I'm still looking by the way, though am making some inroads.