Thread: fabbl help!

fabbl help!

good morning all I don't know if any of you have read my last post about black and white bulls I have spoken to a few buyers and they would all accept them at not a bad price if they are farm assured so I suppose this is my only option! I was wondfering what hoops I have to jump through and what the inspectors look for on there visit! I received a membership application for yesterday and there is a booklet like a bible to read through any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Re: fabbl help!

Quote Originally Posted by james1 View Post
    good morning all I don't know if any of you have read my last post about black and white bulls I have spoken to a few buyers and they would all accept them at not a bad price if they are farm assured so I suppose this is my only option! I was wondfering what hoops I have to jump through and what the inspectors look for on there visit! I received a membership application for yesterday and there is a booklet like a bible to read through any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Far too may things to mention on here to say the least....( and a lot will depend on what else you run, ie: arable as if you do you will need all the spray sheets/ recorded the wind speed etc etc if you are feeding the grain to the animals ). the book will tell you all need to do, best thing you can do is ( if its like the one I had years ago ) is tick each box as you have done the job/ got the paperwork sorted for that section...

Most of it you should have anyway...

http://assurance.redtractor.org.uk/r.../Checklists.eb

This should hopefully link you to Red Tractor assurance checklists which will give you some sort of idea about what you need.

I am farm assured for lamb and it's fairly straightforward. to start:

1. Read through the beef checklist. note down what records etc. the auditor will need. Take note of anything you need to change or start recording.

2. Make changes as required, including starting any new records that the scheme requires.

3. On the day of inspection make sure your place is tidy, have all your records to hand and greet the auditor with a winning smile and a cup of tea!

Some of it is bullsh&t, most if it you should be doing anyway.

Don't lose sleep over it ,the inspectors will put you straight and give advise on what they require and tips on how do things in a straight forward way . It will be quite feat for you to get everything right first time (little thing), but you write a letter to fabbl to inform them you have corrected ,and then off you go .The most important things you will already be doing .
    Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

Medical and movement records. Medicines all in date? In fridge? Put out of date in bottom of fridge and say that's your storage place for out of date stuff. Feed slips, keep them. General tidiness, cleanliness but they are usually farmers themselves round here so not over the top. Livestock records I think. Cattle passports. Muck records/plan. Animal heath plan, if you haven't got one you're just getting one done.

Sorry, my minds just gone blank!

All inspectors we've had have been incredibly helpful.

Good luck.

PS. (edited) Medical fridge lockable? Put a thin chain and padlock round mine!
    Clive Tee