Thread: DEXTA HYD PROBLEM

DEXTA HYD PROBLEM

Hi can any on tell me why the arms wont go down on my dexta,It has not been used for a number of years thanks.

Re: DEXTA HYD PROBLEM

Stuck unloader valve.Cover off job!
    This link tells more.
    http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/ph...ic.php?p=11140

Quote Originally Posted by agrimax View Post
    Stuck unloader valve.Cover off job!
    This link tells more.
    http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/ph...ic.php?p=11140
    Looks like quite a big job i will have to have a go at it,Thanks for the reply,

Before you go in there,can you hang a heavy weight on the arms for a while first? Make sure the quadrant lever is in the down position. It just might release anything that's stuck.The lift piston may have stuck in the cylinder too.

Quote Originally Posted by agrimax View Post
    Before you go in there,can you hang a heavy weight on the arms for a while first? Make sure the quadrant lever is in the down position. It just might release anything that's stuck.The lift piston may have stuck in the cylinder too.
    The tractor has been in yard for some time with the arms up i started it up the other day then a few days later the arms were half way down.I then started it again they went up and wont go down again i will try the weight on arms as you sujested. If i put the hyd lever up there is no forcing sound as if it were pumping thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MISTERTUBBY2 View Post
    The tractor has been in yard for some time with the arms up i started it up the other day then a few days later the arms were half way down.I then started it again they went up and wont go down again i will try the weight on arms as you sujested. If i put the hyd lever up there is no forcing sound as if it were pumping thank you.
    Ihave taken out 14 bolts around cover and the front will lift about 2" but the back will only move about a quarter inch am i doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by MISTERTUBBY2 View Post
    Ihave taken out 14 bolts around cover and the front will lift about 2" but the back will only move about a quarter inch am i doing something wrong?
    Sorted now i had to get the arms down before the top would lift off.

Just bought a dexta with a loader all runs fine but to get the arms or loader to go up or down i left the lever up but nothing happens is this because its been stood up