Thread: stokboard on a cattle race

stokboard on a cattle race

thinking on putting stokboard on my cattle race, its a IAE hurdle race but seen a few race with coverd sides and cattle seam to run through better, so what do folks think and what thickness sheet would i need, im thinking middle of the road with 9mm and bolted to the sides but allowing some expansion as the board can expand in warm weather

Re: stokboard on a cattle race

9mm well secured will be fine. Drill and bolt with spouting bolt type fixings.

I ordered four sheets of 12mm and they arrived a couple of days ago for feed barrier bottoms and it's good stuff. I was sceptical at first but it's hard wearing and has a good degree of flex yet its easy to cut with a handsaw which was a big surprise! As with regards for a cattle race its meant to hugley help and it looks very pro

i suggest you try a old dark carpet on the sides first to see if the cattle flow better

Make sure you leave expansion gaps between boards and drill big holes and use repair washers, you won't believe how much it expands in the sun, i made a quad trailer and used it for the floor sides/tailboard really bulges out on a hot day. i fitted it in a the frame and it can't expand, so it bulges, but it's lasted 20 years!