Thread: Atlas 604 Excavator parts?

Atlas 604 Excavator parts?

hello all,
    does anyone own or know much about an atlas 604 360' excavator? or any other smallish atlas excavators... we bought one second hand from a local builder 4 years ago with 4000 hours on, its been a great machine for farm work and we've put another 1100 hours on it, on the plate it says it weighs 2.9 tons and was built in 1997 in Germany, but that's about all I know about it, when we bought it it was out of action due to a broken tooth on the slew drive pinion but we took a chance on it, our local engineer tried to source a new one through Terex who evidently took over Atlas (correct me if I'm wrong) but they didn't want to know so we got one laser cut by a machining firm and its been going strong ever since, the only other big job we did was to fit a new set of bottom track rollers as the originals were shot but again these had to be specially made, its now getting to the point where it needs new sprockets and I'm hoping I can find some rather than the hassle of getting them made, I can find very little mention of this machine online and have never spoken to anyone who's owned/seen one so I'm appealing to anyone who knows of these machines and more importantly a source of parts! Surely there must be others out there!!

thanks
    chris

Re: Atlas 604 Excavator parts?

Some firms can supply you with just the outer ring of a track sprocket that you can then weld the centre of yours in, fairly easy job for anyone with a lathe
    Ond lle bu'r arad' ar y ffridd Yn rhywgo'r gwanwyn pr o'r pridd

Well, Terex sold Atlas so maybe try again.

who owns what is/was Atlas now?

Frank Medforth Ellifoot Lane
    Burstwick
    Hull
    North Humberside
    HU12 9EF

• 01964 622 692
    • Fax: 01964 622 692

http://www.atlasgmbh.com/en/index.aspx

I know know this is an old post but do you still require spares for this machine?

Quote Originally Posted by CJH-Zetor View Post
    hello all,
    does anyone own or know much about an atlas 604 360' excavator? or any other smallish atlas excavators... we bought one second hand from a local builder 4 years ago with 4000 hours on, its been a great machine for farm work and we've put another 1100 hours on it, on the plate it says it weighs 2.9 tons and was built in 1997 in Germany, but that's about all I know about it, when we bought it it was out of action due to a broken tooth on the slew drive pinion but we took a chance on it, our local engineer tried to source a new one through Terex who evidently took over Atlas (correct me if I'm wrong) but they didn't want to know so we got one laser cut by a machining firm and its been going strong ever since, the only other big job we did was to fit a new set of bottom track rollers as the originals were shot but again these had to be specially made, its now getting to the point where it needs new sprockets and I'm hoping I can find some rather than the hassle of getting them made, I can find very little mention of this machine online and have never spoken to anyone who's owned/seen one so I'm appealing to anyone who knows of these machines and more importantly a source of parts! Surely there must be others out there!!

thanks
    chris