Thread: Riddle me this - your T0..

Riddle me this - your T0..

Yellow rust or no?

Septoria or no?

Currently have some crops so forward you'd be forgiven for thinking they could fight off a nuclear winter but sure enough the disease is down in there.

CTL + Triazole early on, anyone planning anything heftier, and why?

Given that the price of wheat is pretty lacklustre, is anyone going to trim their fungicide program at all, and if so, how? Assuming T1 and T2 get the 'SDHI plus plus' both barrels option which as we know is going to cost, which timing to we jigger with and how?

Re: Riddle me this - your T0..

Quote Originally Posted by Uwork4menow View Post
    Yellow rust or no?

Septoria or no?

Currently have some crops so forward you'd be forgiven for thinking they could fight off a nuclear winter but sure enough the disease is down in there.

CTL + Triazole early on, anyone planning anything heftier, and why?

Given that the price of wheat is pretty lacklustre, is anyone going to trim their fungicide program at all, and if so, how? Assuming T1 and T2 get the 'SDHI plus plus' both barrels option which as we know is going to cost, which timing to we jigger with and how?
    I only managed to get an autumn spray on half my corn so will probably go Atlantis + cleaver spray if necessary + some form of epoxi at T0 (probably 1/2 litre) then do my growth reg at t1.
    might be wrong, but that's what I am going to do.

Sniff of Centaur in with PGR and Mang will be my approach. Cheap and cheerful.

I have some stuff which go not autumn insecticide or weed control either. Will probably go in heavy with Othello/Atlantis or even Pacifica if it is very bad, my concern is always grass weeds first, BLWs are easier and cheaper to smash generally. Where autumn weed control was applied you have a job to find any weed, certainly the grass weeds are totally absent.

I am leaning toward a T0 on most of it due to sep trit and some yellow rust about, San 703 with CTL plus cypro would be a fine mix, +/- chlormequat +/- moddus as required.

T1 for second PGR as required, fungicide program will be tailored to what the farmer wants to spend. Rolls royce package will be SDHI at both timings, + CTL.

Wheat behind maize generally looking ok where it was done in good time, the later stuff is not as far ahead and looks very sad for itself.

San 703? Sounds quite a robust T0. Do you not worry about 3 passes with Bravo? I try to use it only twice. as said we will be going with cypro + mang + growth reg. Some very rust infested fields up this way. Not mine luckily.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat 10 View Post
    San 703? Sounds quite a robust T0. Do you not worry about 3 passes with Bravo? I try to use it only twice. as said we will be going with cypro + mang + growth reg. Some very rust infested fields up this way. Not mine luckily.
    I might not include the CTL in the T2. From memory it depends on the product label as to what the total dose and number of applications is. I will probably use a co-form SDHI which has CTL in it (Treoris) which lets me choose and source the best triazole to go with it.

Some of my crops were drilled late Sept at an appropriate seed rate but the winter has been so mild, it has romped away, as you can see.