Thread: Raven damage

Raven damage

My brother was on his rounds early this morning and could see four ravens around this ewe. She was fit and healthy but must have just rolled over in a hollow as sheep do and couldn't get back up.

Out of her misery

And there are those who want to reintroduce wolves into Scotland
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

Re: Raven damage

Copies of those photographs should be sent to all leading newspapers.

I am all in favour of Nature conservation, but all things in moderation -- including badgers and ravens. Neither are endangered and there is no argument for legal protection.

this needs spread far and wide so people realise that wildlife does need managed for humans to carry on their daily lives,

some would argue shooting ravens is cruel but no one could argue the evidence in these photos is so much worse

all we need now is a video of a lorry load of sweet looking calves being shot for tb and a massive tv ad campaign nationwide to shock joe public into supporting tb eradication

yep about right , lost a ewe the same this year , and picked up a dead new born lamb this morning eyes gone , ravens in the tree next to it , Interestingly , they seem quite tame , not like the crows , if i was a betting man , id say they were released

Terrible pictures .

I've shared them on Facebook , hope you don't mind ? Whist doing so , I noticed your Photobucket is "open" , you might want to adjust your privacy settings ?
    loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write

Quote Originally Posted by arf View Post
    Terrible pictures .

I've shared them on Facebook , hope you don't mind ? Whist doing so , I noticed your Photobucket is "open" , you might want to adjust your privacy settings ?
    Yes, you can share the Arf and thanks for the photobucket tip.
    My son has posted the photos on the rspb site and is now starting to develop some "hate". There are a lot of sad bastards around who don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to nature but they really think they are experts. Hope they go hungry some time.

Two years ago our biggest loss in the early lambs was to ravens. They left for some reason before the main flock lambed.

Quote Originally Posted by wr. View Post
    My son has posted the photos on the rspb site and is now starting to develop some "hate". There are a lot of sad bastards around who don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to nature but they really think they are experts. Hope they go hungry some time.

Two years ago our biggest loss in the early lambs was to ravens. They left for some reason before the main flock lambed.
    Can you post a link to the RSPB website where the photo's been put.
    And as for the ravens being released, it might be the case but they are seriously clever, if you are posing no threat to them they'll stay on the ground or close by.
    The ones round us would sometimes have the tounge and eyes out of a lamb before its even hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Can you post a link to the RSPB website where the photo's been put.
    And as for the ravens being released, it might be the case but they are seriously clever, if you are posing no threat to them they'll stay on the ground or close by.
    The ones round us would sometimes have the tounge and eyes out of a lamb before its even hit the ground.
    He put it on rspb's facebook page but by this evening they've hidden it
    As the old saying goes - There is none so blind as he who will not see. I think it's doing the rounds on facebook anyway as a lot of my son's mates are copying it and sharing it or ever they do.

He put it on rspb's facebook page but by this evening they've hidden it
    As the old saying goes - There is none so blind as he who will not see. I think it's doing the rounds on facebook anyway as a lot of my son's mates are copying it and sharing it or ever they do.
    It's done the rounds very well fair play!!!!
    Ond lle bu'r arad' ar y ffridd Yn rhywgo'r gwanwyn pr o'r pridd

I suppose he got the usual guff about,, farmers are evil ,,, they hate all birds,,, it could have been a a fox,,, or a badger or a buzzard yadda yadda,,, feck em let em get on with their narrow opinions,,, fat non hungry people have some very high minded ideas,,, if it was them,, or the pigeon or what ever,, I suspect said pigeon would be in a stew,,,

We have some ravens in the local quarry,,,, all manner of folk are "so excited,,,,". May take the 4.10 out after crows,,,,
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

Last year was the worst for me with two ewes having eyes pecked out, one was caste but not the other. and have two lambs with tongues pecked off while ewe was giving birth.