Thread: fella rake

fella rake

are they any good been to the agco show this week and they looked well built

Re: fella rake

From what ive heard about them, they are good rakes for your average farmer or small time contractor but not so good for the high acreage. Although I've never heard of one breaking down!

I've got a TS455 single rotor for turning straw and it's never been a problem, I can think of another 7 all within a 8 mile radius of me and not heard of anyone having problems with them either.

Good strong reliable well made & good value for money.

strong second hand value too.

My ts880 is in bits at the moment having the slack in the steering sorted. It's a 9 year old ex contractor machine and is otherwise in good nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillman View Post
    My ts880 is in bits at the moment having the slack in the steering sorted. It's a 9 year old ex contractor machine and is otherwise in good nick.
    I did the steering on mine last year,It would vary about two feet either side of the tractor as it saw fit ,Quite hairy when you were on a narrow road and a car was coming the opposit way,I stripped it replaced the bushes on the steering shaft and still no better,In the end it turned out to be the roll pins at either end of the shaft that had a slight bit of wear on them and the holes were slightly worn so I drilled them out to the next of roll pin and cured it,now follows well,I must say that it is a really good rake it makes a clean job even at speed,we rowed up and 20 acres of hay when it was going to rain in three fields in 1 1/2 hrs and cleared up every bit,I would say it is a good rake now we have got the steering sorted,well made and if you catch a tine arm on something and bend it with them being straight you can straighten them with a workshop press.