Thread: kidd or tarup round bale chopper???

kidd or teagle round bale chopper???

Thinking of buying a round bale chopper, has anyone got any good or bad experience with kidd or teagle It will be used once a day to bed beef cattle loose housed, the shed is dug into a bank and has a yard about 8ft higher down where I want to bed so will just blow in from up there. Cheers
    Last edited by dairy; 22-03-14 at 06:50 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Re: kidd or tarup round bale chopper???

I have a taarup kd825 5 foot drum for sale

have a teagle 9090 tomahawk trailed straw,silage spreader for sale if interested. Need the space so not after top dollar.

Interested in the views on this, have a teagle and think I'd rather have a Kidd/kvernland

have a kidd here and well pleased with it, does all its asked

I'm after a finer chop length, I know I can get a 404m but they don't come cheap new and second hand are like rocking horse poo

Having never used a teagle, I cant compar, but am very happy with the chop length in both hay and straw with the Kidd

Once upon a time, a long long time ago, a company called Kidd ran into trouble and a rich uncle called Taarup helped them out by buying the business. That was before Taarup was bought by Kverneland and before Kverneland bought Greenland and Vicon and long before Kverneland ran into financial problems and were themselves bought up by their oriental friends called Kubota.

Anyhow, getting to the point, Taarup round bale choppers are newer versions of the Kidd. I have a nice blue Kidd chopper that takes 5'6" round bales that hasn't been used in maybe 10 or more years, since we decided it was easier for our slurry system to use sawdust. It can throw to both sides and is quite a big thing. Needs something like a 390 or JD2140 in front, with weights if 2wd.
    Will take 350 for it plus VAT. Buyer collects and no guarantee other than it worked when it was put away in the shed that many moons ago.
    The Duck 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Once upon a time, a long long time ago, a company called Kidd ran into trouble and a rich uncle called Taarup helped them out by buying the business. That was before Taarup was bought by Kverneland and before Kverneland bought Greenland and Vicon and long before Kverneland ran into financial problems and were themselves bought up by their oriental friends called Kubota.

Anyhow, getting to the point, Taarup round bale choppers are newer versions of the Kidd. I have a nice blue Kidd chopper that takes 5'6" round bales that hasn't been used in maybe 10 or more years, since we decided it was easier for our slurry system to use sawdust. It can throw to both sides and is quite a big thing. Needs something like a 390 or JD2140 in front, with weights if 2wd.
    Will take 350 for it plus VAT. Buyer collects and no guarantee other than it worked when it was put away in the shed that many moons ago.
    Where are you and what approximate length did it chop it?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy6480 View Post
    Where are you and what approximate length did it chop it?
    Ceredigion and not very short, which is why we stopped using it. Nowadays we are more likely to get chopped bales or straw that's been through a rotary, so I imagine it isn't so much of an issue. I'm quite fussy though, or rather the slurry channel to the reception pit is fussy, and after the first winter with no crust forming in the tower there was no going back.
    The Duck 2015

Did they make 2 different types for chop length like teagle do?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy6480 View Post
    Did they make 2 different types for chop length like teagle do?
    Not sure. The knives need to be kept quite sharp for the shortest cut.

They did make several different types over the years. Mine is the heavy duty type with wheels and proper tyres at the front. I've also fitted it with an Accord A frame to make it easier to attach and remove from the tractor, although attaching the PTO was always an issue due to the close mounting to the tractor.
    The Duck 2015