Thread: case 895xl water pump

case 895xl water pump

think mine is leaking lot of brown water stains around fan area and looses water overtime, any one on here replaced one?? what sort of job is it and were is best to get one from?

Re: case 895xl water pump

Quote Originally Posted by markpentre View Post
    think mine is leaking lot of brown water stains around fan area and looses water overtime, any one on here replaced one?? what sort of job is it and were is best to get one from?
    It is not difficult, I did our one a couple of years ago. From what I can recall exhaust/bonnet off. Move oil cooler, drain coolant and unbolt rad. There are some wedges/packers on bottom mounts. I must have done something wrong as the filler sits slightly forward in the bonnet. I cannot remember where I bought the new pump but I think it was an aftermarket bought via phone/internet rather than local Case dealer.

Would this be any good? Perhaps someone might comment for you.

http://www.malpasonline.co.uk/itm/Wa....q2JdU6nk.dpbs
    Last edited by essexpete; 25-03-14 at 09:38 PM.

As Pete said not a bad job job to do & plenty of options available re buying one, if you do go ahead & fit it yourself just be a little bit careful when removing the bolts that hold the bugger on, if tight DO NOT force them try to be gentle. IE; tighten a touch, loosen a touch, lots of wd40 & try to gradually work them loose or you stand a good chance of leaving half a bolt in the block or head, then it will be tears at bedtime

Yes Gapples is right regarding the retaining bolts there is at least one if not two that go right through the timing cover / coolant port and screw into the block these tend to corrode into the alloy timing cover and can shear off we always cut the heads off(these bolts) with the angle grinder then after removing the old pump weld some new threads onto the cut bolts and use nuts to retain the pump better than a big job.

thanks for the replies, and thanks for the heads up about possibility of bolts shearing of, going to do it next week end, have managed to source one off a lad local who does tractor repairs at least then if its not the right one I can pop it back too him, will let you know how I get on

thanks for the replies, and thanks for the heads up about possibility of bolts shearing of, going to do it next week end, have managed to source one off a lad local who does tractor repairs at least then if its not the right one I can pop it back too him, will let you know how I get on
    didn't have to change pump in the end found a split in the radiator filler neck which was leaking under pressure, much easier fix so sent the pump back!!