Thread: manitou lost drive

Unhappy manitou lost drive

my Manitou 634120 has lost drive and wont boom in or out and theirs no power to the third service roller either its a 59 reg
    any suggestions

Re: manitou lost drive

Propshaft from engine to angle gearbox failed, or input shaft failed on angle gearbox or the bevel gears in the angle gearbox sheared the teeth.

Sorry to say but going to be a tad expensive to fix, the propshaft is very expensive for what is is, about 650ish I think.

Any problems with the angle gearbox results in the whole transmission assembly being dropped out the bottom of machine as there is not enough room to take the gearbox off the transmission in the machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks ace
    the transmission has just been rebuilt it did this about a week ago it came back on its own and worked fine.
    should have said their is no numbers on the gear selection panel its a power shift model

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atk View Post
    thanks ace
    the transmission has just been rebuilt it did this about a week ago it came back on its own and worked fine.
    should have said their is no numbers on the gear selection panel its a power shift model

thanks
    Are you saying you have lost transmission drive and all hydraulics? including the steering? if you have then will be as above in my first post.

If not then you need to be very specific on what is working and what not!

If you have steering then the main hydraulic pump is working so not the angle gear box or the prop shaft, no drive and no main hydraulics could be a combination of faults? or I know the seat safety switch cuts out the drive but cant remember if it does the joystick as well?

If it lost drive before and then came back it could have been the propshaft on the engine, its got a rubber coupling and they do fail, maybe yours melted its self back to gether?

When the short propshaft went on my old 735 i could smell the burning rubber as the outer shaft spins around the inner as the rubber bonding burns up. Pretty good tell tale sign.

thanks ace

thanks
    Just noticed you said no number on the gear selection panel? you mean the LED display? you wont get any transmission drive if that is not lit up, you have a power failure to the transmission ECU. every time I have come across this its the connector in the fuse board melted or dirty. Take off the panel in front of the throttle pedal in there is the fuse board, to the right half way up I think you will see a white block connector plugged in to the PCB board (think there is more than one? 2 white and one black? then 2 more white ones at the bottom)
    Pull out the white connectors on the right and check the pins.

Unless there is a fuse common to the hydraulics and transmission? but I cant think of one? think you may have another problem 2 affecting the hydraulics?

Also there is something else electrical to check but I will PM you that.

check the back of the circuit board also as had one once where the actual printed circuit track had broke powering the forward back relays also as ace said check the push fit plugs on the board especially the small white one at 2 oclock which takes signals from the forward reverse lever had a pin melt once inside the plug but was not visable cheers

thanks all I think we have located the problem. it looks like the circuit board as when we moved the flasher relay it all came back to life and drove ok so look like I need a new board
    any ideas what they cost?

thanks all I think we have located the problem. it looks like the circuit board as when we moved the flasher relay it all came back to life and drove ok so look like I need a new board
    any ideas what they cost?

You need to un plug the connectors and check the pins likely be them burnt out and want cleaning or a bit of a rework. or like 7700 said it has been known for the solder on the back of the board to fail were the components fit though the board and the blob of solder on the back is bad and burns out, this can normally be fixed with a new bit of solder no problems.

Not fitted a new board for many many years one I had a couple catch fire think they were about 400ish then so more like 600 now I bet?

Just moving the flasher relay you may have just flexed the board a bit and moved the bad contact making it work again. the flasher relay its self has nothing to do with hydraulics or transmission drive.