Thread: Newholland TS permanent 4wd. Help please.

Newholland TS permanent 4wd. Help please.

As per title really. Ts90 sle seems to be in permanent 4wd. Rocker switch seems fine, if I flick it on the light on the dash lights up. Flick it off and the light goes off but still in 4wd. Can anyone point me in a direction to start off please? Worried I'll get wind up using it on the road.

Any help appreciated.

rob

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

Re: Newholland TS permanent 4wd. Help please.

I would suggest finding the solenoid and then checking if it's getting any power. Most tractors these days are electrical power on to hold out of 4wd and electrical power off to go in so they default to safe 4wd and braking if there's an electrical fault. It could turn out to be as little as a bad connection or a fuse/relay gone. Checking the fuse would be an easy starting point too.

Agree with above but if that doesn't work check the brake switches

Thanks, was a fuse blown. Interestingly now though I have no brake lights. Both bulbs are fine, and both pedal switches 'click' when pressed. These are on the same fuse that had blown causing 4wd to be full time. Any ideas on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob 7840 View Post
    Thanks, was a fuse blown. Interestingly now though I have no brake lights. Both bulbs are fine, and both pedal switches 'click' when pressed. These are on the same fuse that had blown causing 4wd to be full time. Any ideas on this?
    TMs have another fuse for brake light on L/H side of dash by the main maxi 40amp fuses, have no idea if these ar on TS but it's usually trailers that blow them!!!!
    Ond lle bu'r arad' ar y ffridd Yn rhywgo'r gwanwyn pr o'r pridd

The clutch pedal probably has an identical switch you could try. Also try a test lamp across the top of the fuse and play about with all the switches. Lights MIGHT come on...