Thread: First registration fee on a new machine

First registration fee on a new machine

Who usually pays the first registration fee for a new tractor/combine/telehandler ?
    I have an invoice here from a local dealer who supplied me with a new telehandler recently and i am reluctant to pay it.

Re: First registration fee on a new machine

You bought it, you pay it. Simples.

Obviously it will be the customer that ultimately pays, but it should be included in the agreed price of the machine, not added on after.

I've never paid such a fee.............well not directly anyway, as has been said, i'm sure it's covered in the price somewhere; how much is it out of interest?

I've never paid a fee, but I guess its included in the price. I'd speak to the sales rep and voice your displeasure, see what he says but I guess ultimately you are liable for it but its shitty selling tactics!

I've seen it itemised on a quote a few times but I'd never expect to have to pay it in addition to the agreed price after delivery.
    Stay in Northamptonshire - meadowviewcottages.co.uk

I have always included it in the selling price as well as the number plate etc. Was 55quid I think? proberly gone up now? If you trawl though the DVLA website you will find the current fee.

To the OP, How is she going by the way? spoke to customer today that has a 2009 one and a 2013 with the merc and he recons the merc uses way more fuel than the perky.

They ditched the merc now anyway and gone to deutz would rather have the perky myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    I have always included it in the selling price as well as the number plate etc. Was 55quid I think? proberly gone up now? If you trawl though the DVLA website you will find the current fee.

To the OP, How is she going by the way? spoke to customer today that has a 2009 one and a 2013 with the merc and he recons the merc uses way more fuel than the perky.

They ditched the merc now anyway and gone to deutz would rather have the perky myself.
    Yes its 55. Will speak to rep on monday.
    The machine is going well now after i've 'done one or two things to it'.
    Main problem now though is windscreens. Its gone through two in a fortnight. They just explode for no reason. Both replaced under warranty, Manitou say they have an issue with a certain batch of screens and assure me this third one will sort the problem.
    Funny,they call it a 'lamination issue' but both mine were toughened, not laminated, f'kin glass everywhere.
    As for fuel economy, it is a bit thirstier than the perkins one i had but i was hoping it would get better with use.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotty Dog View Post
    Who usually pays the first registration fee for a new tractor/combine/telehandler ?
    I have an invoice here from a local dealer who supplied me with a new telehandler recently and i am reluctant to pay it.
    Did you specifically ask them to register the vehicle? If not, and they're going to play silly buggers about this, then refuse to pay unless it says so in the paperwork. They wouldn't fit any other extra cost items without asking you, then expect you to pay for them. So if you've agreed a price, you've agreed a price. Tell them you're not paying it and they can unregister it if they're not happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spotty Dog View Post
    Main problem now though is windscreens. Its gone through two in a fortnight. They just explode for no reason. Both replaced under warranty, Manitou say they have an issue with a certain batch of screens and assure me this third one will sort the problem.
    Same thing happened to one I had on demo...was just parked up not in use and it exploded like a gunshot. Ran it for a few days without a windscreen and sent it back with a cab full of stour! But did buy one on the basis of the demo.

Our JCB dealer registers them for us and I guess the price is in the original quote, never been charged separately. They always include a spare number plate while they're at it too, for trailers etc.
    Was JD Andrew before we were reincarnated......