Thread: Krone combination Tedder/rake

Kuhn combination Tedder/rake

https://www.google.ie/search?q=krone...ml%3B800%3B600

Are they any good?

seemes like they could work really well and be the best of both worlds????
    Last edited by bishop; 01-04-14 at 02:18 AM.

Re: Krone combination Tedder/rake

Title says krone picture is Kuhn? In my experience it's a compromise of both worlds when I've tried a machine to do two very opposing jobs, just what tedding grass and raking grass into a tidy row is in my opinion.

Heap of shite. Avoid.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hay...iw=320&bih=508

I have one of these, does quite a good job raking silage and normal hay/haylage but it doesn't like a good crop of light fluffy hay , when raking a good crop of light fluffy hay the first rotor throws small pieces back instead of passing it on to the next rotor but this can be reduced with more pto and grould speed (up to a point), hay gets through it so fast it dosent get the chance to get caught (has enough momentum not to be caught by tines of first rotor) , I usually run my dexta in 1st high in good crops at 3/4 revs (I use 3rd low and 2nd high in notmal and weak crops), but when I rake a good crop that is quite light and fluffy i put her in 3rd low at full revs (tad faster than 1st high on my particular dexta). I have raked wet second cut silage once and average hay/haylage for 3 years with it and it works perfectly (only had problems mentiond above last year because all our fields had very good crops and they were so dry).

Forgot to mention that it works the same way as an ordinary haybob when tedding

Not the same at all but I have a Fransgard Ti-4000p combo rake tedder. Works great raking, I've never used the tedder feature as it has to be run at 3 m and I have better things to do with my day.

Its raked for over 300,000 small square bales and thousands of rounds. Previous owner used it for splitting swaths of straw from big combines. Has needed about 10 tines, one arm from a collision with fence and needs 2 new bearings installed which appears very easy to do.

Neighbour has same model and has raked silage for 15 years with theirs on 300 or so acres. They don't even own a backup rake. Last winter they put new cam followers and cam tracks in it as they were slightly worn.

Significantly better machine than the NH/Stoll combo machine I almost bought.

Apologies I meant to say Kuhn not krone. Thanks for the replies.

Re: Kuhn combination Tedder/rake

Apologies I meant to say Kuhn not krone. Thanks for the replies.

just made a balls of trying to change the title.