Thread: Entry level gps

Entry level gps

Hello all, looking for an entry level GPS, something that will keep me straight, clock acreage and have a screen which shades the field as I work it, any ideas? Quite fancy the look of the new topcon x14

Re: Entry level gps

Quote Originally Posted by funnyfarm View Post
    Hello all, looking for an entry level GPS, something that will keep me straight, clock acreage and have a screen which shades the field as I work it, any ideas? Quite fancy the look of the new topcon x14
    Looks good from the pictures but seems to have quite a small screen compared to many.

Leica mini mojo. Strange name but works well.
    Under 1000 quid.

patchwork go or advancefantastic piece of kit and simple to use

Quote Originally Posted by mathew tsa View Post
    patchwork go or advancefantastic piece of kit and simple to use
    Patchwork Go is 1500, Advance nearer 2000, though might be a bit cheaper given their latest special offer.

Hi I'm looking for one as well only for spraying and fertiliser we do about 500 acres a year. would this acreage be enough to make it worth buying one. This spring has been really hard to see my mark and i think sometimes I'm wasting fertiliser but 1000 seems a lot how accurate are they at this price? I just want one that's simple so i can drive round once and it works the rest out if that's how it works?

Quote Originally Posted by tomwardy13 View Post
    Hi I'm looking for one as well only for spraying and fertiliser we do about 500 acres a year. would this acreage be enough to make it worth buying one. This spring has been really hard to see my mark and i think sometimes I'm wasting fertiliser but 1000 seems a lot how accurate are they at this price? I just want one that's simple so i can drive round once and it works the rest out if that's how it works?
    Can currently offer Farmnavigator http://www.tractorgps.co.uk/home/farmnavigator-1
    Tractor GPS completely sold out(both versions)

Simple, get the job done, easy to use systems.

Quote Originally Posted by tomwardy13 View Post
    Seems to be as accurate as the driver can be without going to auto steer tractors. Did all my grassland spraying and fertiliser sowing with it last year, didn't look for tracks at all(immediately after silage and on slurried ground and in the dark) and it worked out perfectly. Roundup on grass lets you know if you missed any!! Press button when sprayer/sower empty, drive to yard and then let it guide you back to exact place and direction of travel again.
    Made all openings with mower following parallel tracks and eliminated unnecessary points too.
    At 1000quid it makes a blobber marker which I was going to buy look very expensive. Big saving in time spent looking for marks and even bigger saving in stress!!

Quote Originally Posted by grassmanman View Post
    Seems to be as accurate as the driver can be without going to auto steer tractors. Did all my grassland spraying and fertiliser sowing with it last year, didn't look for tracks at all(immediately after silage and on slurried ground and in the dark) and it worked out perfectly. Roundup on grass lets you know if you missed any!! Press button when sprayer/sower empty, drive to yard and then let it guide you back to exact place and direction of travel again.
    Made all openings with mower following parallel tracks and eliminated unnecessary points too.
    At 1000quid it makes a blobber marker which I was going to buy look very expensive. Big saving in time spent looking for marks and even bigger saving in stress!!
    When put like that its not expensive.Iv got to do something as i know I'm wasting spray,fertiliser and time. So what make are you using?

Leica mojo mini. Sold by www.progressive-agriculture.com
    I'm not an agent or rep but am pleased with mine and like to support local business.

Leica mojo mini. Sold by www.progressive-agriculture.com
    I'm not an agent or rep but am pleased with mine and like to support local business.

+1 very pleased with ours

+1 and with mine, but make sure you put the aerial in front of or over the front axle, if you mount it on the roof by the time it has picked up a drift off line the front wheels can be 3 or 4 feet off line, you then over correct to get back on line and end up with a wavy tramline.

How accurate do you think the Mojomini is? They claim about 15cm. Trimble ezguide 250 says about 15-20cm.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew100 View Post
    How accurate do you think the Mojomini is? They claim about 15cm. Trimble ezguide 250 says about 15-20cm.
    I set mine to 24m and have tried it in my tramlines, which were put in using the drill markers, the guide is usually spot on, it does go off line but I'm not sure if that is down to the sat nav or my drilling that has wandered. I have done some fertiliser on grass for a neighbour when I had it set to 23.75m, I have put the tramlines in a field of my spring osr using it, so I will tell you in a few weeks if its accurate!

+1. If you set half a metre overlap even on some fairly steep side slopes, you will not miss any thistles when spraying. Put antenna over front wheels.
    For flat and level going, 0.25 is easily achievable with a bit of experience.
    Set up straight lines rather than follow curves wherever possible.

I've got an as new EZ-Guide 250 which we had planned to put on a quad bike but just never got around to. Make me a sensible offer by PM and it could be yours.

It has the 'patch antenna' plus all power cables still in original packing.

Just looked and see that new ones are fetching 1150 so would be happy with half that!

Has anyone got a Trimble 250 with ez steer? Any good?