Thread: ploughing dilemma

ploughing dilemma

Ok so here's the problem. My kv es80 Plough is a pain to set. When I plough one direction everything's fine and is matching to the last pass but when I go to the end and turn around the next pass throws a narrow front furrow! Any clues as to what the problem might be? Surely the front furrow width adjustment should leave it the same distance from the headstock regardless of ploughing left or right?

Re: ploughing dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by Turboman View Post
    Ok so here's the problem. My kv es80 Plough is a pain to set. When I plough one direction everything's fine and is matching to the last pass but when I go to the end and turn around the next pass throws a narrow front furrow! Any clues as to what the problem might be? Surely the front furrow width adjustment should leave it the same distance from the headstock regardless of ploughing left or right?
    Is the bar for the spring re-set (the one inside the casting) bent? I once had that problem and that was the cause.

101 things it could be , 1 of the points hasnt got bent down has it , or is there discs on it , ive had discs to tight to the skimmers and had them steering it , is it sitting level on the arms , tyre pressure, are the tyres set out more on one side ..................................

Im nearly sure most things are equal on both sides tyre pressure and points etc but I did have to replace the front spring last year so maybe I should check that the bar inside isnt bent as a result of the spring breaking!

If everything else is measured to be right, the simplest solution would be to slacken the clamps and slide the bar that your lower links attach to across to correct. If she is ploughing 4" narrow, move it 2" and she should come right

Quote Originally Posted by ploughman1963 View Post
    If everything else is measured to be right, the simplest solution would be to slacken the clamps and slide the bar that your lower links attach to across to correct. If she is ploughing 4" narrow, move it 2" and she should come right
    Do you mean the cross shaft on plough. I have had this problem with our plough KVed85rev.. wants
    to take a narro front score on reverse side. sugestion that the rod could b bent is new but will take a look..

Have you got to the bottom of the problem yet?