Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rural evictions

Rural evictions

Crown estate is evicting large numbers of householders in rural areas, featured in sunday papers.
    Anyone else seen it?

Re: Rural evictions

Affecting 65 properties in and around a village near us:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27141985

Quote Originally Posted by rogcal View Post
    Affecting 65 properties in and around a village near us:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27141985
    Completely ridiculous behaviour, monarch or not.

Years ago we had (my mum) had the option to buy our duchy house or we had to move as it was being sold, she couldn't afford it we moved, as I u dear stand tenants are being give the option to buy, crown estates are a landlord with properties, no different than any other landlord, not ridiculous behaviour, business pure n simple,
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

Quote Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
    Years ago we had (my mum) had the option to buy our duchy house or we had to move as it was being sold, she couldn't afford it we moved, as I u dear stand tenants are being give the option to buy, crown estates are a landlord with properties, no different than any other landlord, not ridiculous behaviour, business pure n simple,
    Landlords should not be able to evict willy nilly, especially not the queen, who certainly doesnt need the cash.

Ahh sorry only read the press release, didn't realise they hadn't been given notice and where being evicted with none, with out actually knowing the conditions of their rent agreement I wouldn't know how much notice they have been given, I would have thought particularly with it being crown they would follow it as stated ie1 months notice or how ever long, or are people being pushed out in a matter of days, if so they have a legal case surely,,

Always the risk when you live in a rented property ! I've been on both sides !

The queen should be giving them mortgages for 40yrs at 1% with no deposit.
    job sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by danseyspass View Post
    job sorted.
    Why? Would you offer your customers the same terms? If not why not?

They are being offered the option to buy their homes and if they dont want to then are on 6 month notice periods, which are considerably better than any private landlord would give you.

I am non 4 weeks notice, no option to buy. Life's a bitch eh?

job sorted.
    If you owned a house and had a tenant then some land came up for sale , the bank say you need to sell the house to buy the land what would you do ?
    Offer the house to tenants yes but the reason they rent a house is because they can't buy one for one reason or another ! Which may be the case with the Queens tenants .

Quote Originally Posted by oldoaktree View Post
    If you owned a house and had a tenant then some land came up for sale , the bank say you need to sell the house to buy the land what would you do ?
    Offer the house to tenants yes but the reason they rent a house is because they can't buy one for one reason or another ! Which may be the case with the Queens tenants .
    For some reason, us Brits seem addicted to owning property. Euros are much more rent orientated. Wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by Condi View Post
    Why? Would you offer your customers the same terms? If not why not?

They are being offered the option to buy their homes and if they dont want to then are on 6 month notice periods, which are considerably better than any private landlord would give you.

I am non 4 weeks notice, no option to buy. Life's a bitch eh?
    You say why, i say why not? The crown can borrow money very cheaply, or just print it.
    what about the bloke who spent 30k on improvements? and dont say he is a fool.

You sell with a sitting tenant. simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Rick View Post
    For some reason, us Brits seem addicted to owning property. Euros are much more rent orientated. Wonder why?
    Europeans are happy to rent as they cant be evicted and rents are controlled as the uk used to be pre thatcher.

You say why, i say why not? The crown can borrow money very cheaply, or just print it.
    Can they borrow it any cheaper than any one else??? They may have better collateral for a loan maybe.. As for printing more money I think you are getting a bit over wrought,,, don't reckon they start the mint churning out more notes coz they are a bit skintight,,,

its basic economics,, the landlord has to raise some cash, he sells some of his assets, tenants are given correct notice, and option to buy, it only sounds bad as the "queen" is involved,, if it was say South Somerset Council no one would care,,, they certainly wouldn't offer a 1% mortgage over 40 years,,

I say why because presumably you are running a business not a charity? And hence want to try and make money? Mind you, your attitudes to most things makes me think you think the whole world is running a charity and nobody should be allowed to make money without benefiting everyone else.

Printing money, or borrowing more, is hardly a sustainable way to reduce over-spending. Do you have any more sensible suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
    Can they borrow it any cheaper than any one else??? They may have better collateral for a loan maybe.. As for printing more money I think you are getting a bit over wrought,,, don't reckon they start the mint churning out more notes coz they are a bit skintight,,,

its basic economics,, the landlord has to raise some cash, he sells some of his assets, tenants are given correct notice, and option to buy, it only sounds bad as the "queen" is involved,, if it was say South Somerset Council no one would care,,, they certainly wouldn't offer a 1% mortgage over 40 years,,
    THE crown can borrow way cheaper, and whats wrong with a 1 % mortgage? they will still be in profit, and get some seriously good publicity.

Nothing wrong with a 1% mortgage just can't get one also wish I was the crown so got cheap borrowing,, don't get that either,, lighten up a bit,, not a great deal you or I can do about it,

You sell with a sitting tenant. simple.
    That might devalue it a tad !

I say why because presumably you are running a business not a charity? And hence want to try and make money? Mind you, your attitudes to most things makes me think you think the whole world is running a charity and nobody should be allowed to make money without benefiting everyone else.

Printing money, or borrowing more, is hardly a sustainable way to reduce over-spending. Do you have any more sensible suggestions?
    Think nail and head come to mind !

THE crown can borrow way cheaper, and whats wrong with a 1 % mortgage? they will still be in profit, and get some seriously good publicity.
    They wont be in profit. Inflation is running at 2% so they will be running at a loss of 1% per year.

Think nail and head come to mind !
    I think being a farmer, i actually qualify as a charity. It certainly isnt a money making proposition.

There is nothing wrong with making money, but the effect on others should always be considered, especially if you are the queen.

They wont be in profit. Inflation is running at 2% so they will be running at a loss of 1% per year.
    They will not be making a loss, they will get paid just like any other mortgage company, and ok 2% maybe neare the mark.

That might devalue it a tad !
    why?

why?
    Oh come on!!!

Why ???? If you don't know why houses are best sold " vacant " then I can't help you !

[QUOTE=oldoaktree;231117]Why ???? If you don't know why houses are best sold " vacant " then I can't help you ![/QUOTE

A short assured tenant has no real rights, so can be evicted anytime you please so shouldnt affect the value, especially if the new owner is going to rent it out anyway
    Its a world of difference from a protected tenancy where the discount could be 50%
    as i said before, some people in high positions need to take account of what is good PR and what isnt. .

Completely ridiculous behaviour, monarch or not.
    The Queen doesn't have any say in this. The Monarch surrenders control of and revenues from the Crown Estate at the beginning of their reign in exchange for their Civil List income. Revenues from the Crown Estate go to the Treasury.

danseyspass, I sometimes wonder if you live in the real world

Quote Originally Posted by MC130 View Post
    danseyspass, I sometimes wonder if you live in the real world
    Pointless getting into a discussion.

He/she doesnt live in any world I know.