Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Rural evictions

Re: Rural evictions

Quote Originally Posted by matbrojoe View Post
    Would it be churlish to point out that he can't actually spell Einstein? I believe that's what the young people call an 'epic fail', but hey ho.

Back to the point, you suggested that the Crown Estate were selling properties to raise funds to purchase the CO-Op's farming interests. The Crown estate is forbidden by law from borrowing money, so it makes sense that it would dispose of one set of assets to buy another, however OldOakTree has already posted a link to the CE's own web site where they tell us what they intend to do with the funds from the sale of these properties, which appears to be largely funding residential property developments. The CE are primarily property speculators, to buy what is a going concern farming business would be a considerable departure from their current business plan, so though i would stand to be corrected on this one it would seem unlikely to me that they would purchase the Co-OP's farming business.
    Fair point there bout Einstein, I thought of the old I before e,, hey ho spelling not me strong point,
    ref what they gonna do with their cash that's only what the chap who's brother has been served noticed got told,,

cheers
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

Quote Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
    Fair point there bout Einstein, I thought of the old I before e,, hey ho spelling not me strong point,
    ref what they gonna do with their cash that's only what the chap who's brother has been served noticed got told,,

cheers

It's Irony, I do love it when people point this out, inevitably/usually when they realise their argument is flawed :-)

I consider it the English version LoL...

Quote Originally Posted by oldoaktree View Post
    How will it effect me ?
    Divine right ??? Explain please

I'd say providing someone with a home that they never could afford and no council houses for this class of people to live in a help to society
    This "class" of people is currently paying you a rent which exceeds the mortgage, by your own admission.
    So actually they could afford to buy the property, if the banking system was better and the govt subsidised them instead of landlords.

Have you read anything I've written ? I don't deal with this class of people there nowt but trouble not worth the grief !
    The reasons a lot of them rent is because they can't afford to buy no job poor credit rating no deposit .
    I know give them a 125% mortgage ! That worked out well !
    It's cheaper to rent and not to pay the rent just move on to the next house and trash that one ,if you ever find them they have nowt so you can't get what they owe you so it's a waste of time .
    Can't work won't work !
    CE are well within there rights to give there tenants notice to quit . If any one who lives in a rented property thinks it's for life then there a bit deluded unless it's in righting . What ever you believe or I for that matter they say they are selling a few houses to supply more low cost houses which I'd say is a good thing . Also they say they are helping rural business's to set up .
    You may and probably do think is some sort of conspiracy !

Quote Originally Posted by Einstien View Post
    It's Irony, I do love it when people point this out, inevitably/usually when they realise their argument is flawed :-)

I consider it the English version LoL...
    You take a pride in being wrong, just as well, really.

Have you read anything I've written ? I don't deal with this class of people there nowt but trouble not worth the grief !
    The reasons a lot of them rent is because they can't afford to buy no job poor credit rating no deposit .
    I know give them a 125% mortgage ! That worked out well !
    It's cheaper to rent and not to pay the rent just move on to the next house and trash that one ,if you ever find them they have nowt so you can't get what they owe you so it's a waste of time .
    Can't work won't work !
    CE are well within there rights to give there tenants notice to quit . If any one who lives in a rented property thinks it's for life then there a bit deluded unless it's in righting . What ever you believe or I for that matter they say they are selling a few houses to supply more low cost houses which I'd say is a good thing . Also they say they are helping rural business's to set up .
    You may and probably do think is some sort of conspiracy !

Except they aren't supplying more low cost houses:

http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com...harless-duchy/

Housing schemes developed by the Crown Estate and Prince Charles’s Duchy of Cornwall regularly fail to deliver the recommended number of affordable homes in a revelation described as ‘concerning’ by a senior MP.
    Amid an escalating national housing crisis, planning documents unearthed by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism reveal that both historic landowners repeatedly persuade councils that to meet their affordable housing targets would be too expensive resulting in the loss of dozens of low cost homes from royal housing schemes.

How will it effect me ?
    Divine right ??? Explain please

I'd say providing someone with a home that they never could afford and no council houses for this class of people to live in a help to society

It will affect you because you rent out at the market rate. Rental values are propped up by payments of housing benefit to private landlords, even if you don't accept DSS tenants, you benefit indirectly from the positive affect this policy has on rental values

Quote Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post

cheers
    He could be right, I'm only saying what i reckon. It will certainly be interesting to see what does happen with the Co-Op farms, it would take a large institutional investor like a pension fund to take it all on as a going concern, unless they break it all up and sell it piecemeal. I understand that they farm a lot of rented land as well as what they own so if they did close the business down and sell the properties off individually there'd be a lot of land coming onto the rental market there.

It will affect you because you rent out at the market rate. Rental values are propped up by payments of housing benefit to private landlords, even if you don't accept DSS tenants, you benefit indirectly from the positive affect this policy has on rental values
    I do rent at market values but student market values are not effected by private house rents ! Students are set in there ways they want to live in certain parts only ! They could rent a 3 bed house a little way out of town on a good bus route for not much more than they rent a room for .

Except they aren't supplying more low cost houses:

http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com...harless-duchy/

Housing schemes developed by the Crown Estate and Prince Charles’s Duchy of Cornwall regularly fail to deliver the recommended number of affordable homes in a revelation described as ‘concerning’ by a senior MP.
    Amid an escalating national housing crisis, planning documents unearthed by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism reveal that both historic landowners repeatedly persuade councils that to meet their affordable housing targets would be too expensive resulting in the loss of dozens of low cost homes from royal housing schemes.
    Hopefully they will do better this time !

I''l happy to give them anther chance

Right so we have established it's all OK to evict them as long as they spend the money on some agricultural land... LOL.....

As for subsidy, OK you don't receive them direct, but be careful about how they may effect your input costs....

Quote Originally Posted by Einstien View Post
    Right so we have established it's all OK to evict them as long as they spend the money on some agricultural land... LOL.....

As for subsidy, OK you don't receive them direct, but be careful about how they may effect your input costs....
    Comparing what I do in the rental sector and your traditional buy to let ,ie a typical semi / terraced house rented to private individuals is like comparing veg farming to hill farming .