Thread: "New" Maxiscrape

"New" Maxiscrape

Anyone got one of the new ones? seems like they have improved them from my 6 year old one. deeper box to hold more slurry, flipable reversible wings and 3 chains instead of 2. Also has adjustable wings for when they get wear and adjustable side rubbers on the flaps to help keep it slurrytight.

All sounds good. Does it make them woth 200 more than the other copied box scrapers now widely available, Mine is very worn and leaking like a basket now. I have had the polyurathane rubbers on mine for 3 years now and this is a huge improvement as we are on sand. would have them again from the off.
    Last edited by happycows; 02-05-14 at 02:50 PM.

Re: "New" Maxiscrape

worth every penny, on our second maxi scrape in 15yrs, on sand last 6yrs, looking at upgrading to a one of these new ones as we can now fit a wider one in our new cubicle house, I wouldn't even consider a copy its just not worth it. Used every day of the year and at silly o'clock in the morning, so the few quid extra is worth it knowing you have a decent reliable scraper!

Whats going on with maxiscrape? Funny ad in the farmers guardian.

odd wording at the end....

What does it say.

Free to anyone that wants one?????

Reads a bit like a list of people who he is NOT dealing with? but I thought they were his agents... ~confusing

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Farmer View Post
    Reads a bit like a list of people who he is NOT dealing with? but I thought they were his agents... ~confusing
    umm you got me wondering now. Is the man who is known as maxiscrape south west on that list?? he has sold a very very many of their scrapers over the years.

There may have been a parting of ways, now each selling their "own" maxiscrapes

umm....... Interesting. nothing wrong with competion as long as it doesn't come at the cost of compromises in quality. I don't know but can remember him selling aerators made in the eastern block. perhaps he's got the contacts and done the same with scrapers? just guessing of course.