Thread: farm saved seed declaration form (bspb)

farm saved seed declaration form (bspb)

when i submit my form for using home saved seed this spring (barley) how much a acre do the BSPB charge me?

Re: farm saved seed declaration form (bspb)

Quote Originally Posted by diesel1234 View Post
    when i submit my form for using home saved seed this spring (barley) how much a acre do the BSPB charge me?
    if you dont fill in the form, they will triple the bill without warning. robbers.

Quote Originally Posted by danseyspass View Post
    if you dont fill in the form, they will triple the bill without warning. robbers.
    I've never had that. How many reminders did you ignore?

I ignored them for many years, but had always paid royalties to seed cleaner man.
    Do it online it is quick and painless.

What I want to know is, do they actually ever come and check how much corn you actually grow..........???

if you accidently tell them the wrong acreage of home saved seed used (by accident of course) and they find out, how much trouble can you get in?

8.61/ha (approx 3.48/acre)

Quote Originally Posted by danseyspass View Post
    A farmer who fails to declare in the declaration period is deemed to have forfeited the farmer's privilege to claim that he has used farm saved seed (ECJ STV v Geistbeck & Geistbeck)

If BSPB has evidence that you have had seed of a protected variety processed & no farm saved seed payment has been collected by the processor, BSPB can charge a penalty rate equivalent to the C2 Royalty rate for that species of seed, if the farmer has not declared the use of that seed.

if you accidently tell them the wrong acreage of home saved seed used (by accident of course) and they find out, how much trouble can you get in?
    The acreage sown is checked against the tonnage processed. Excessive seed rates are audited with a short telephone interview.

BSPB could choose to charge a penalty rate on misdeclarations as the farmer will have forfeited his right to claim farmer's privilege of farm saved seed by misdeclaring the acreage sown (ECJ STV v Geistbeck & Geistbeck)

I filled in the form online, but they still keep sending me reminders. I do not feel like filling them in again. Will I get into trouble?

I keep filling them in online,. then get threats from them for not filling in the forms ???