Thread: Power Purchase Contract Renewal

Power Purchase Contract Renewal

Hi

Has anyone renewed their PPA recently??, how are you finding prices in relation to last year?

Mine is to expire at the end of July so starting to look around for best prices

Re: Power Purchase Contract Renewal

Have you spoken to F&S they appear quite aggressive in the market
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    Have you spoken to F&S they appear quite aggressive in the market
    Spoke to them last year and were only offering the export price you can receive from the fit scheme??

Post Re: Power Purchase Contract Renewal

I think the way the market works different companies appear keener at different times.
    presume you have tried Opus?
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    I think the way the market works different companies appear keener at different times.
    presume you have tried Opus?
    My current PPA is with Opus, looking for comparative quotes as it is up for renewal

Try Tradelink Solutions. Their headline price might not be the highest, but their charges on LECs, REGOs and FIT administration make up for that.

http://www.tradelinksolutions.com/

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    Hi

Has anyone renewed their PPA recently??, how are you finding prices in relation to last year?

Mine is to expire at the end of July so starting to look around for best prices
    How did you get on? Got about 10 quotes (from 6 companies) over the last week. Opus will have to sharpen their pencil to keep me, but they did last year. PM if you want details as some of them are active here!

How did you get on? Got about 10 quotes (from 6 companies) over the last week. Opus will have to sharpen their pencil to keep me, but they did last year. PM if you want details as some of them are active here!

Without naming the companies how much variation was there between the best and worst quote.
    Need to start looking myself in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodger View Post
    Without naming the companies how much variation was there between the best and worst quote.
    They don't make it simple to compare! Some have a basic price (but one was different summer/winter) and then say that benefits like GDUoS ('use of system' credit which varies on the DNO), TRIAD (bonus for export on certain half-hours in the winter, which you might not get) are to be added; others are all in, except the LECs which everyone added on afterwards (I suppose because they can't guarantee that I'll transfer them), but I've had offers that pay 80, 85 & 90% of their value. Furthermore, despite me already paying for metering and data collection independently, some want a monthly metering charge, and then they have the gall to give a discount if I already have a meter!

If I've found all the differences and estimated the value of some of the bonus correctly, I have a difference of about 0.5p best-worst. None are bursting 6p for year 1, but a couple do in year 2. I wouldn't argue if you said that it was hardly the effort for Endurance levels of export but if I had a bigger turbine or an AD plant (where the export is a not-insignificant part of the income stream), it's well worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodger View Post

I plan to have our turbine accredited by 12th Dec and am actively looking for a good PPA for an annual minimum export of 495,000 kWh.

Any suggestions for consideration would be welcome along with personal experiences of prompt first payment abilities from the various options.
    There are more engines killed through lack of water than through lack of oil

Quote Originally Posted by Courier View Post
    I plan to have our turbine accredited by 12th Dec and am actively looking for a good PPA for an annual minimum export of 495,000 kWh.

Any suggestions for consideration would be welcome along with personal experiences of prompt first payment abilities from the various options.
    When I checked the Market and renewed in July Opus Energy were offering the best deal.

It probably has changed since then as the Market seems to be firming