Thread: kverneland mower conditionior thoughts

kverneland mower conditionior thoughts

whats the opinion on the kv mounted moco's? have never had anything to do with them,we have always ran krone mowers but have a kv dealer very keen pricewise with one?

Re: kverneland mower conditionior thoughts

They're right Bar£#~ds to put on and off if you don't park them right. Enough to make a parson swear!

we used to swear alot at the krone when we first got it,soon learned they must be sat on level concrete with any pressure totally realeased from spools,are they a hardy mower or bit soft?

having a go with my new front kverneland 10 footer later this week so il let you know what its like

Very good mower im on my second had a 3028 for about ten years did have to put a set of new skids on when the originals wore through still a good mower when I swapped it for a 3132 mt

good mower 3028 not to difficult to put on and off as long as it is folded round and you lift stand before connecting top link (not sure if this applies to the new ones as I think that they fold up differently, mine swings to the back for transport ).plastic conditioner tines are ok but do wear and need replacing to keep the mower running correctly and prevent damage ,think a set costs £5-600 but not 100% sure .what would be a good price for a new one of these mowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    having a go with my new front kverneland 10 footer later this week so il let you know what its like
    You're only having to go as far as Long Martin now for parts now Lloyds have ditched Kverneland. (or other way round)
    I wonder how warranties are going to work? I suppose it depends when the finish date is.

Quote Originally Posted by JimF View Post
    They're right Bar£#~ds to put on and off if you don't park them right. Enough to make a parson swear!
    + 1. A trick is to put a brick under the right stand and then it is a little easier... I had a Kverneland Taarup 3128 until Monday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkwHA4onXJE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuCEtE3AOck (Yes I know I forgot to lower completely... But I am no real farmer... just a hangaround...)

Quote Originally Posted by JimF View Post
    You're only having to go as far as Long Martin now for parts now Lloyds have ditched Kverneland. (or other way round)
    I wonder how warranties are going to work? I suppose it depends when the finish date is.
    So are Johnstons kvernaland dealers? That's bit cheeky of them to sell me that mower without telling me they were ditching the brand

LLoyds maybe didn't know at the time. It may have been Kverneland that ditched Lloyds.
    There hasn't been an official announcement about Johnstones & KV, but it would seem that's what's happening on this west side and Paxtons in the east.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    So are Johnstons kvernaland dealers? That's bit cheeky of them to sell me that mower without telling me they were ditching the brand
    apparantly so,our rep said it wouldnt be official until july.

spoke to Lloyds and they say nothing has really changed, they still sell kverneland machines and stock parts

Quote Originally Posted by valtraman View Post
    apparantly so,our rep said it wouldnt be official until july.
    Got a card in the post today - Kverneland and Frank Johnston (tractors) invite you to see their range at Muck and Grass

looked at a 10ft mower today,looks sturdy enough,one thing that is concerning me is the small space the crop travels through the conditioner,ie the space between rotor and adjustable baffle plate,even with th gap opened to max it looked very tight,my concern would be is we cut heavy crops and this is going to slow us down or it just wont cope,to me it looks like its more designed for lighter crops?? i did look at couple of videos on you tube and it looked to be just chucking lumps out.looked a strong headstock though.going to look at claas 3100 contour next.

Been mowing a heavy crop today traveling at 14kph without any problem perfect swaths no lumps With a kv 3132

Quote Originally Posted by Dbs View Post
    Been mowing a heavy crop today traveling at 14kph without any problem perfect swaths no lumps With a kv 3132
    do u have to remove front cover to get to the blades?? waht are u driving it with?

No the front cover lifts up to get to the blades driving it on a Massey 7475

Quote Originally Posted by Dbs View Post
    No the front cover lifts up to get to the blades driving it on a Massey 7475
    what power is that?

135hp when there all kicking