Thread: "Killer diesel"

"Killer diesel"

Keep getting fuel nicked and thinking of leaving a couple of 25l cans with a killer additive just handy for them to take. Any ideas? I recall that sugar in petrol would do that but does anybody have any ideas what will do it with diesel and not be visible or smelly?

Re: "Killer diesel"

Quote Originally Posted by hillsider69 View Post
    Keep getting fuel nicked and thinking of leaving a couple of 25l cans with a killer additive just handy for them to take. Any ideas? I recall that sugar in petrol would do that but does anybody have any ideas what will do it with diesel and not be visible or smelly?
    propcorn or addf cans
    glyphosate is supposedly not kind on injector pumps

Add a quart (or two) of metholhydrate or a quart (or two) of water

metholhydrate will change the "burn" charactistics of the diesel - maybe flash too soon and bend a rod.

We all know the problems we would have if we had water in our tank

Neighbour spiked some diesel that was being stolen. Got beaten up.

Perhaps try to film them. (Bushnel trophy cam)

Thanks
    Got a camera but shots not been too clear so far.
    Will try to get some methanol.

Quote Originally Posted by davidroberts30 View Post
    propcorn or addf cans
    glyphosate is supposedly not kind on injector pumps
    Injector pumps realy dont like round up . Local farmer was chopping his neighbours silage with a jd sp . Had to can the diesel in to the chopper and he lifted a can with a small amount of round up in it by mistake . The chopper didnt make it home

An uncle of mine (long gone now) used to tell a story about gas stealing when he was younger.

He was laying in bed one night watching the celing go round in circles (he had had a couple) when he heard a noise outside.
    The got up, jacked a shell into the .303, put the muzzel aganist the screen and pulled.
    He heard a noise and someone running down the driveway.
    Next morning as he was heading to work he noticed a rubber hose sticking out of his sister's gas tank and a gas can in the driveway, so he used a stick to pick them both up and put them in his trunk and went to work.
    Be noon, cop showed up to talk to him about the "shooting" going on the night before.
    My uncle never admitted to anything, but took the cop out to his car and opened the trunk and mentioned how he had found them.
    The cop took a look at the can and, as he stuck his finger in the bullet hole in the gas can, mentioned "I don't think there will be any more incidents of gas stealing for a while".

I got that first hand from my uncle.

I was told the story of someone who had oil disappear every time his neighbours car needed a service. His son brought home some aviation oil to leave about the garage. It disappeared like the rest had and the next day the neighbours car was very poorly for some reason.

Thanks.
    Think I'll try a bit of roundup.
    I have an alarm gun that takes 12G cartridges and uses a trip wire and i have checked its still legal but i think the dogs or the boss might set it off! It might be possible to fix the trip wire to the can so when they pick it up it goes bang.

Regarding the oil I remember when I worked in the midlands the place where I was had a high voltage (225Kv) ring main installed and the switch gear was filled with insulating oil that is basically peanut oil and yes one guy nicked some and put it in his car and in a coupl of minutes it all foamed up and then went like jelly. Never did find out how he cleaned it out.

I ud have though "AddF" silage additive acid was the business.
    I understood since it was denser than the diesel it sank nicely to the bottom of the tank where it was then drawn off "neat" an fecked the pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldogg View Post
    I ud have though "AddF" silage additive acid was the business.
    I understood since it was denser than the diesel it sank nicely to the bottom of the tank where it was then drawn off "neat" an fecked the pump.
    That sounds about right! I can put it in a dark container so they do not see it till too late. Got a couple of old tractor batteries the acid from them would do just right.
    Thanks