Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: UKIP & the Euro Elections

Re: UKIP & the Euro Elections

My word, this topic has ebbed and flowed. And it might be time to let it die.

But one question please. Is there anyone on this Forum who DOESN'T think that this island of ours is becoming overcrowded ? Forget about immigration, about the population explosion, if there is one, about the over-stretched resources, if they are over stretched, about the rise in crime, house prices, house rents, if they are all rising, etc. etc.

Is this island becoming over populated. It is a Y/N answer.

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post

But one question please. Is there anyone on this Forum who DOESN'T think that this island of ours is becoming overcrowded ? Forget about immigration, about the population explosion, if there is one, about the over-stretched resources, if they are over stretched, about the rise in crime, house prices, house rents, if they are all rising, etc. etc.

yes

YES

It's funny. I was talking to somebody about the fuss that incomers down here kick up about renewables and how things had changed in the last 30 years. When we thought about it, it was quite staggering. The farm we have has gone from one farmhouse to 5 separate properties. The house I grew up in up the road was a tiny cottage with old parlour attached. Now 3 properties. The manor house across the way used to house one old fella when I was a lad. Now it is at least 15 flats with at least 10 conversions around it, so maybe 25 properties. The farm up the road with the extensive stone barns which I remember going in as a lad used to house one family. Now it is at least 20 properties. The hamlet up the road used to be 2 cottages, a farmhouse and a load of barns. Now I think I can count 14 properties.

It's happened so gradually that we didn't even notice but now, even in our secluded part of South Devon, there are people everywhere. Most of them are very nice but it's a fact. When I was a lad you could go for 3 days and not see a soul.

Quote Originally Posted by danseyspass View Post
    The whole problem in the UK goes back to the benefits system in the 90.s which discouraged our own population from seeking work. Couple that with tony blair wanting every youngster to get a degree, which by definition degrades manual workers, then we create the conditions where immigrants are required to pick veg , make sandwiches etc.
    Another problem is small families, which tend to produce spoilt mummys boys /girls who dont like getting up, dirty ,outside work etc. The best workers always come from large families where things are tight.
    Not sure T Blair is the only one to blame, much as I dislike him Britain has for years had a snobbery to the tradesman or engineer versus the proffesional.............Germany still value the engineer or similar very highly.............no accident we all like to get a well made German product.......Fendt, Deutz, Porsche etc and my favourite Enercon wind turbines

Wasn't it Maggie that said we'd all be in the service sector banks and the like........ and look where that got us

If you want bigger families your going to need a few more houses!

Can't see you getting more house building past Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Labour shortage in the North East is probably due to all people being better off on benefits ?
    As for UKIPS policy's - you will have to wait and see what is in their manefesto.

It is all very well some of you mocking UKIP - but you can not get away from the fact that they have made people wake up !
    More like working in the oil industry, engineering or trades..........heard on local radio one day 90% of oil companies would be looking to take on more staff

Yes some may not be willing to work like anywhere else or cant get a job that pays enough for the travel........job centre tell you to apply for jobs 1.5 hrs away.

Can't wait for the UKIP polices hope your not all to dissapointed in your Messiah

I believe he's real kindly to the "disabled"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...n-hand-3646619

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_Knight View Post
    Well said matbrojoe, your spot on.

Phil's post makes my point for me very well but I notice no answer to labour shortage in the NE or answers about SFP.

Suppose we cant expect more than 2 policies at one time from UKIP
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo View Post
    if you look at the start of this thread that's what we were talking about until some started calling people racists, I agree we need more policies from them, no harm in discussing it, that's what a forum is for!
    I've followed the whole thread so was aware of that and was actually trying to bring things back to farming...........I think this will be UKIPS problem when they have to start and have more than two simplistic polices.

Can't wait for him trying to convince the thousands of car workers that leaving Europe will be good.............New Polish car plant me thinks............with full EU start up funds!!

I doubt many forum members on here are racist but I think UKIP certainly panders to ex BNP racist types..........you've even taken there slogan.

If Alex Salmond had said similar about the English as Farage about the Romanians then it DEFINITELY would be counted as racist............and I'd been the first to condem him.

Time for bed said Zebedee

Yes !

Quote Originally Posted by danseyspass View Post
    The whole problem in the UK goes back to the benefits system in the 90.s which discouraged our own population from seeking work. Couple that with tony blair wanting every youngster to get a degree, which by definition degrades manual workers, then we create the conditions where immigrants are required to pick veg , make sandwiches etc.
    Another problem is small families, which tend to produce spoilt mummys boys /girls who dont like getting up, dirty ,outside work etc. The best workers always come from large families where things are tight.
    Well said! And yes we are a small island and overpopulated!

When it comes to topics like this you really do seem to get objectionable just for the sake of an argument.

I don't entirely disagree with some of what you say - but your insistence on twisting things to suit your own argument (one that you are clearly outnumbered on incidentally) really is wearing a bit thin !
    where is the like button ?

When it comes to topics like this you really do seem to get objectionable just for the sake of an argument.

I don't entirely disagree with some of what you say - but your insistence on twisting things to suit your own argument (one that you are clearly outnumbered on incidentally) really is wearing a bit thin !
    Good post.

Labour shortage in the North East is probably due to all people being better off on benefits ?
    As for UKIPS policy's - you will have to wait and see what is in their manefesto.

It is all very well some of you mocking UKIP - but you can not get away from the fact that they have made people wake up !

better off on benifits my a**e i worked 47 year in farming before ill health put a stop to it one year ago now recieve the enormous sum off 60 quid a week to live off g

well if anything this thread has shown peoples true thoughts on matters, and long may it continue, after all that's what a forums for.
    I'm waiting on the policies, and hope they are ok, not sure, just have to wait and see.
    if ferage doesn't put proper policies out, I agree he's shot his bolt, but he has a huge chance if he chooses good ones.
    one things for sure its gotten a lot of non voters to the voting station and if he continues to do that, I think they will do well.
    regarding sfp checks coming through the door from the eu, I think we need to be careful relying on that, a bribe is all good when things are rosy, but by the look of things it could all go downhill in the next few years, like it or not.