Thread: Tm 120 value/syncro

Tm 120 value/syncro

I'm going to see a TM 120 next week and want to know what it is worth so I know I won't be robbed. It is a 2006 model with 6000 ish hours and is "supposed" to be in good condition and it has cab suspension, range command 40km gearbox, 80% tyres also it's last owner was a farmer. Also do the synchronizers wear out like the older ones? If someone could help it would be appreciated.

Re: Tm 120 value/syncro

My TM130 has been an expensive tractor to run.... synchros, spool valve blocks, air con compressor, few oil leaks, plus normal main dealer servicing. Think it will be at about 3500hrs..

Has it been chipped up? what work has it done?

Quote Originally Posted by Dexta man View Post
    Has it been chipped up? what work has it done?
    No not chipped, just standard tractor with Range Command gearbox. It carts grain and shit and pulls a 3m Vad Rapid. It's a good tractor but just been a bit unlucky maybe.

Thanks for replying.
    PF what year is it?
    Am I right in saying that after 2005 they did a few modified to the gearbox so the syncros lasted longer or are they about the same?
    Also PF I think that most TMs and MXMs from 2003-2005 wear out the syncros every 3000-4000 hours, saying that I've seen a 2003 MXM 120 range command that was on 5000 hours "thrashed every one by the look of it" e.g. carting 20+ ton loads 30 miles away and general silage/slurry contracting work. The owner told me that the only thing that had broken was the pick up hitch bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexta man View Post
    Thanks for replying.
    PF what year is it?
    Am I right in saying that after 2005 they did a few modified to the gearbox so the syncros lasted longer or are they about the same?
    Also PF I think that most TMs and MXMs from 2003-2005 wear out the syncros every 3000-4000 hours, saying that I've seen a 2003 MXM 120 range command that was on 5000 hours "thrashed every one by the look of it" e.g. carting 20+ ton loads 30 miles away and general silage/slurry contracting work. The owner told me that the only thing that had broken was the pick up hitch bolts.
    Mine is a 2003. But yeah LLoyds weren't surprised at all when it rolled in for synchros at 3000hrs and you could be right that newer ones had mods because it was upgraded parts that went back into mine...whole job including other stuff while they were in there was about five grand.