Thread: jcb tm310s, a few small issues

jcb tm310s, a few small issues

as title
    08 plate 310s has a problem on the boom suspension ,with the suspension off the boom raises and lowers normal
    with the suspension on it lifts normal but real slow to lower

tip/crowd works normal either way

also boom extends normally but wont retract unless you slightly move the joystick in any direction

also got an annoying hesitation when pressing the throttle
    sometimes after a period of idle then pressing the throttle the engine will almost stall its self and flash up error code E702

tia

Re: jcb tm310s, a few small issues

Quote Originally Posted by davidroberts30 View Post
    as title
    08 plate 310s has a problem on the boom suspension ,with the suspension off the boom raises and lowers normal
    with the suspension on it lifts normal but real slow to lower

tip/crowd works normal either way

also boom extends normally but wont retract unless you slightly move the joystick in any direction

also got an annoying hesitation when pressing the throttle
    sometimes after a period of idle then pressing the throttle the engine will almost stall its self and flash up error code E702

tia
    The boom suspension slow when lowering could be because its not auto switching off during lowering? check wires on the solenoids on the lift ram for starters.

Error code E702 = High Pressure fuel pump delivery pressure fault.

Question is does this come up because there is an actual fault with it or cause it was about to stall anyway due to another fault/reason?

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post

Question is does this come up because there is an actual fault with it or cause it was about to stall anyway due to another fault/reason?
    Sounds like the chicken and egg, good luck finding that problem!!

The boom suspension slow when lowering could be because its not auto switching off during lowering? check wires on the solenoids on the lift ram for starters.
    will have a dig about there

thats the $64million question
    she runs fine once that initial splutter clears
    it has shown another code but for the life of me i cant remember it

cheers for the help

will have a dig about there

thats the $64million question
    she runs fine once that initial splutter clears
    it has shown another code but for the life of me i cant remember it

cheers for the help
    The other code may be the key let me know what it is next time it comes up

Have you checked the electric fuel lift pump on the top of the sediement filter? also looks at the rubber fuel hoses from tank to the sediement filter they can crack and suck air in which would cause issues.

Have you checked the electric fuel lift pump on the top of the sediement filter? also looks at the rubber fuel hoses from tank to the sediement filter they can crack and suck air in which would cause issues.
    only seen that code once and it was a while ago

i flow tested the primer pump into a jug and it was in spec

Just remembered i put it in my phone
    Error code e133

I assume the block with the blue knob is the solinoid to activate the boom suspension and there is a pressure switch above

when pressind down with sus activated,when uou release the joystick the boom momenteraly wants to lift back up slightly

im thinking faulty solinoid or dirt in it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I assume the block with the blue knob is the solinoid to activate the boom suspension and there is a pressure switch above

when pressind down with sus activated,when uou release the joystick the boom momenteraly wants to lift back up slightly

im thinking faulty solinoid or dirt in it?
    Solenoid either opens ram up to accumulators or closes it to accumulators I not sure. my guess is the joystick turns the power supply off to the solenoid to turn boom suspension off temporally while you work the boom then it automatically comes back on while the joystick is in neutral?

so sounds like yours is not getting that signel from the joystick? most machines have a oil pilot circuit on the joystick which has a few pressure switches teed in to the lines so it switches the power off when you move the stick but I think that the TM310 is a all electric stick so may work differently?

Will look up that other error code in a bit.

Solenoid either opens ram up to accumulators or closes it to accumulators I not sure. my guess is the joystick turns the power supply off to the solenoid to turn boom suspension off temporally while you work the boom then it automatically comes back on while the joystick is in neutral?

so sounds like yours is not getting that signel from the joystick? most machines have a oil pilot circuit on the joystick which has a few pressure switches teed in to the lines so it switches the power off when you move the stick but I think that the TM310 is a all electric stick so may work differently?

Will look up that other error code in a bit.
    up/down and ti/crowd is oil over oil on the 310
    the boom and 3rd service are electric

the suspension needs the weight taking off to activate it
    i dont know if it goes on and off during service

up/down and ti/crowd is oil over oil on the 310
    the boom and 3rd service are electric

the suspension needs the weight taking off to activate it
    i dont know if it goes on and off during service
    okay if oil over oil then check though all the pilot lines somewere there will be little pressure switches which turn boom suspension off while operating joystick in certain directions. they are either faulty or the wiring to them by the sounds of it.

Just remembered i put it in my phone
    Error code e133
    E133 is fuel pressure delivery pressure fault - Data above normal level. To me that says electric lift pump? similar wording to the other fault code but not quite. no idea what above normal level means? would that be from the electric side of things not the actual fuel pressure? like if say pump was drawing more electric current than normal?

Just guessing. but lift pump will be an easy cheap thing to try first

only seen that code once and it was a while ago

i flow tested the primer pump into a jug and it was in spec
    flow tested under pressure? as that is a different thing altogether. also my be intermitant on the electric side playing up? or would it have a one way valve in it and its letting fuel drop back to tank when stood and getting a bit of air in the pipe as a result?

flow tested under pressure? as that is a different thing altogether. also my be intermitant on the electric side playing up? or would it have a one way valve in it and its letting fuel drop back to tank when stood and getting a bit of air in the pipe as a result?
    outlet pipe into a jug,no back pressure

dont think its a air issue as it starts fine and runs fine once this hesitation clears
    while its hesitating it does shove out some black smoke

outlet pipe into a jug,no back pressure

dont think its a air issue as it starts fine and runs fine once this hesitation clears
    while its hesitating it does shove out some black smoke
    When the perkins electric pump plays up it will often black smoke with a very slight miss fire on start up and some times high revs. so don't rule it out its by far the easiest thing to replace first.

Trying to find these pesky pressure switches for you on the boom suspension but cant see them as yet!

Sort of found these pressure switches but only on the electric drawing not found a drawing for them on the pilot circuit, infact cant find a pilot circuit at all! can find the joystick okay and yes it is a pilot control one but were the pipes are have no idea!

There looks to be 4 pressure switches other than the one screwed in to the bottom of the ram next to the solenoid.

Don't know the location of the switches but look under the joystick at the pipes there follow them out of the cab and down to the spool block they will be there some were.
    Then make sure they are connected and working. must have 2 on each pilot line for the tilt and then again for the lift circuit?

There is 2 of these machines on the farm where i work. One of then has been doing that annoying E702 code for a while now. Lift pump is not that cheap. IRC the dealer told us that was like 25X plus vat for a new one . Changed the filter in the tank, seemed to calm it for a while, but now the error code is coming again. One day decided not to start, checked the power to the lift pump and was not. Opened the bleed screw in the side of the filter (below the pump) and there was loads of air. Just after releasing the air the pump started to work again. Seems that is getting air in the line somewhere but we dont know if its the pump failing, sucking air somewhere in the pipes (the 2 small pipes that come from the 1st filter to the pump are push in fittings, we suspect about those), or whats going on.
    See if yours is getting air too.

regarding lag and error codes , old 310 had same symptoms , had high pressure valve changed , electric fuel pump etc ,kept throwing up codes , in the end , took stack pipe/suction pipe out of tank , and hey presto , there was a plastic label stuck in pipe , like one of those sticky labels , had jcb shift number ,date and even mans name on it from that shift , ,pulled out offending label and never any more trouble

Quote Originally Posted by 7810 pilot View Post
    regarding lag and error codes , old 310 had same symptoms , had high pressure valve changed , electric fuel pump etc ,kept throwing up codes , in the end , took stack pipe/suction pipe out of tank , and hey presto , there was a plastic label stuck in pipe , like one of those sticky labels , had jcb shift number ,date and even mans name on it from that shift , ,pulled out offending label and never any more trouble
    Should have posted it back to factory

Right boom suspension and retract issues have been sorted by a dodgy connection on the pressure switch on thespool block under the machine

the oil leak over the trans was fixed with a 28pgasket between the trans and hyd pump

the lift pump and filter bowl was swopped out for a known good unit and the hesitation issues are still there

the lift pump and filter bowl was swopped out for a known good unit and the hesitation issues are still there
    Everything points that 7810pilot was right, i think we should check the diesel pipework.

Update on this for future reference.
    Following the advice on this thread, we swaped the diesel pipes from the other loader (wich was fault free) and the thing became a bit better for a couple of weeks, but was still messing a bit from time to time. Im wondering where is JCB taking these hoses from, cz on both machines (11 and '12 plate) are cracked already
    Not happy with the result. boss took the lift pump out and cleaned it. Also, following the advice of the JCB dealer, he put a new lift pump relay. So far, so good. It has been like 2 or 3 weeks, and didnt see any error code, or loss of power.
    Seems like the cheapest fix, was the right one.

mine still doing it occasionally i recon its a injector
    symptoms have been relieved by about 85% by adding 2liters of atf to the diesel every fill

Hi Does anyone know what the following error codes are for on a JCB TM310 ?

T310
    T312

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vf949 View Post

T310
    T312

Thanks
    Hello

Sorry they are not on my list. all mine start with a E and there are no codes E310 or 12 etc all E100's and 700's

my list is a bit out of date though would only cover early TM310 machines so later machines may have different codes?

T310
    T312

Thanks
    transmission?

Hello

Sorry they are not on my list. all mine start with a E and there are no codes E310 or 12 etc all E100's and 700's

my list is a bit out of date though would only cover early TM310 machines so later machines may have different codes?

Okay thanks anyway. This TM310 is an August 2008 model..

Okay thanks anyway. This TM310 is an August 2008 model..
    I'll have another look later under the transmission section in case its listed there. Would have made sence to list all codes together though but thats just me.