Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How turn the diesel pump up on my fastrac?

Armo

Re: How turn the diesel pump up on my fastrac?

I've full diesel coming to plunger on the lucas cav pump the one with the boost on side on a 1993 jcb fastrack but I can't get diesel through the pump.
    When I'm priming the system with the lift pump I have strong resistance until I tighten down diesel line on plunger
    Any ideas lads as taking out this pump is a bit of work

Quote Originally Posted by Armo View Post
    I've full diesel coming to plunger on the lucas cav pump the one with the boost on side on a 1993 jcb fastrack but I can't get diesel through the pump.
    When I'm priming the system with the lift pump I have strong resistance until I tighten down diesel line on plunger
    Any ideas lads as taking out this pump is a bit of work
    You wont pump fuel through injector pump with lift pump. Bleed to injector pump then slacken injector pipes and crank over on starter motor till you get fuel to injectors tight pipes back up and see if it starts if not repeat a couple of times.

If that spring is out of shape then its possible the delivery valve in the injectpr pump were that gauze filter is could be assembled wrong?

Dont worry about resistance on lift pump if there is non its either the cam in the wrong place so turn engine half a turn or the system is up to pressure and wont pump any more which is normal.

Sorry to drag this up from the dead, but...
    Ive got a JCB 150M (army spec 155/80) I think? and having read this i wondered about doing the diaphragm, only thing is my machine has a bosch mw type pump on it, I can see where the diaphragm is, just wondering whether they are as prone to splitting?
    thanks in advanced
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Took one apart yesterday just for you banjo

Like I said before what out for that pin in the injector pump they can fall out and get lost, this one has springs both sides of the diaphragm some don't so watch that, on the diaphragm its self you can see the centre pin sticking up in the middle this is adjustable so you can give it more or less fuel as required and you will have to reset the new one according to were the old one was, also you can see the spacer washer on the centre pin which you have to take off and reuse as it don't come with a new one.

This one was okay but I gave it a 1/4 turn any way on the pin and a shot of injector cleaner as she was a bit flat
    HiI am from Poland so my English is not the best.I have a Massey Ferguson 6150 tractor with this pump - I would like to increase the dose slightly, but I do not understand too much what to turn and where? If you could indicate what and which way in the photo, I would be very grateful.

+

??????