Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Today I Have Mostly Been...

Re: Today I Have Mostly Been...

Quote Originally Posted by skoda View Post
    Trying to figure out how to get 14. 26 month old continental Bullocks onto a lorry tomorrow morning without them wreaking the Farmyard .

Doing some emergency fencing due to another batch of continental Bullocks visiting silage fields next door .
    Sounds familiar...
    ...and sounds familiar.

TIHMB Sending out a warning about our Email provider doing a server upgrade, trying to get on with the 950B brakes , overseeing out which bit of the dryer needs taking off for repair & one of the TM155's getting a 600hr service, looking remotely at someone's email for lost folders that didn't migrate (remote, not local so no backup here!), Chasing up an ongoing spreader problem, and speaking to someone about future warranty procedures

Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    Sounds familiar...
    ...and sounds familiar.

One lost a tag yesterday ,but Shearwell came to the rescue .Praying now for some decent trade in a hour or so.
    Fencing still ongoing.
    Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by J B View Post
    So, for today's TIHMB .... are you going to tell us how long you queued to deliver your calves to market?
    Yesterday I queued behind 2 stationary land rover and trailers (parked in the calf lane ) for 5 mins before realising they were empty .

Well I was last in , but 1 with the calves ,so actually didn't have to cue up for the customary half hour , because the staff aren't pulling their fingers out

TIHMB trying to catch up with what got pushed back yesterday, so the 950B brakes pressure tested ok and wheels back on- just a few other jobs to do and spotted the main brake air hose up in the chassis badly cracked and ready to pop

YIWM on the TM155- injectors away for a service, nailing a few top end oil leaks on it and then immobiliser and reversing camera to fit

Also TIHB looking at a leaking waterpump on the MF6480, ordered one to be dropped off by their stores manager on his way home ready to fit monday 1st thing

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    TIHMB trying to catch up with what got pushed back yesterday, so the 950B brakes pressure tested ok and wheels back on- just a few other jobs to do and spotted the main brake air hose up in the chassis badly cracked and ready to pop

YIWM on the TM155- injectors away for a service, nailing a few top end oil leaks on it and then immobiliser and reversing camera to fit

Also TIHB looking at a leaking waterpump on the MF6480, ordered one to be dropped off by their stores manager on his way home ready to fit monday 1st thing

YIWM sorting out the above, done a broken wire in the loom for the bucket kickout, stuck the 6480's pump on after a major struggle due to slight casting differences arguing with the alternator/AC mounting bracket, water pump is flipping heavy without having to try it more than 5-6 times before it would clear!

TIHMB sticking the injectors back in the TM- report came back that they were the original 2005 injectors, (5300hrs), down on pressure and "hosing" (ie "peeing"!!)

Also ordering parts again

Scotland, land of the free home of the brave

TIHMBD shooting a bull that broke its leg fighting with another bull.
    What a sickner.
    I'll just KBO as Churchill said.

TIHMB finishing off extra stuff besides what needing doing for the TM155 service. Back up and running with new rocker cover gaslket, oil breather filter kit, couple of intercooler hoses and now into electricals- fitting an immobiliser and screen for corn cart so we can see the grainstore ducts while twisting and turning backwards- downside of old cattle yards that were converted into grain stores when 6ton trailers were thought to be huge!

Also taking in plenty of deliveries and ordering more.........

On Monday IHMB modifying the dryers bottom conveyor where beans would jam between two steel sheets trapping the chain flights and jamming the whole thing up. Measuring up a 200m extension to one of the underground irrigation mains, looks like we might be able to get to where we want fairly easily considering all the things in the way!

On Tuesday IHMB doing several minor jobs and ordering spares. Picking up the repaired carriage pins & rams for the Manitou (Strimech made JCB-fit headstock)

TIHMB putting a front NS wheel bearing, two tyres, balancing and doing the tracking on the 13reg fiesta van- well it does have 98k miles on the clock so can't complain at the bearing I suppose, doing a bit to the manitou rams but mainly sorting out parts, an ongoing warranty problem and chasing up when the new weedeater is due to arrive. Ordering more parts & spares some for jobs ahead a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    On Monday IHMB modifying the dryers bottom conveyor where beans would jam between two steel sheets trapping the chain flights and jamming the whole thing up. Measuring up a 200m extension to one of the underground irrigation mains, looks like we might be able to get to where we want fairly easily considering all the things in the way!

On Tuesday IHMB doing several minor jobs and ordering spares. Picking up the repaired carriage pins & rams for the Manitou (Strimech made JCB-fit headstock)

TIHMB putting a front NS wheel bearing, two tyres, balancing and doing the tracking on the 13reg fiesta van- well it does have 98k miles on the clock so can't complain at the bearing I suppose, doing a bit to the manitou rams but mainly sorting out parts, an ongoing warranty problem and chasing up when the new weedeater is due to arrive. Ordering more parts & spares some for jobs ahead a bit.
    Glad to see that you are leaving yourself time to relax in that southern sunshine,
    Jack Caley

TWIHMB I have mainly been doing loads of jobs that have jumped the priority list so that the loadall 1000hr service I started last friday may just be finished today, this friday

Scotland, land of the free home of the brave

TIHMB replacing a bent frog on the plough. Now finished and f*****d
    Will have a cool one and a seat in the shade.
    Phew what a scorcher

TIHMB finishing mucking a field for stubble turnips ,and cleaning out the loft above the parlour where the accumulation of splits in the centreless auger needed a good seeing too . I now look like Muhhamed Ali (all praise to the great man ) and am now going for a shower .

Shearing sheep ,anyone else want one.
    Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

TIHMB flitting between sorting out stuff for a small 200m "extension" to an underground irrigation main, changing worn crank pulleys on the TW25- well 17,000+ hrs ain't bad but in the end getting less than 20 hrs on a new fan belt is a bit tiring! - pity it needs the front tombstone "split" about 8mm to make room to get the triple pulley off

Also took delivery for this-

Front bit due tomorrow
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

TMIHMB, ordering bits again, had two 90 defenders in for pre-mot inspections - want to get them done further forward away from harvest really! and now have a freelander 2 in with EGR fault code saying its stuck open

This arrived too this morning-

The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......