Thread: Credit where credit is due

Credit where credit is due

Got to say I am impressed with Police Scotland. Discovered at 9.30 this morning that my workshop had been broken into and the old quad and 2 chainsaws had been removed by some dirty rotten thieving black enameled bar steward. reported this to PS on 101 about 9.45. 2 constables turned up within 1/2 an hour and took details, also informing me that the bike had been seen about 2 or 3 miles away and other officers were out looking. They left about 10.45 and phoned me 10 minutes later to tell me they had found the bike in a nearby town and could I go and identify it. Sure enough my bike with only a burst ignition barrel and a broken hand lance on the sprayer, not only this but they had caught someone on the bike and found the chainsaws in his garden shed.

So within 2 hours of reporting the theft I was retrieving my property, pretty good going I think. Saying that the daft blighter they caught was running around the middle of a housing estate on an unregistered quad with a muckle great sprayer tank on the back so may not have been that difficult to spot

Re: Credit where credit is due

All's well that ends well. No doubt you will still be more out of pocket than the thief at the end of the day but good on the Feds for getting your stuff back.

The wee bastard will have loose lips, time for some more robust security before you're visited by his Ned pals.

I know I keep harping on about 'alarm mines', but they are the best BANG for buck security. I just love the idea that the skulking bastards get the message so quick, that by the time your out of bed the only reminder of them is the fading whiff of their sh!t filled tracksuits

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer IV View Post
    The wee bastard will have loose lips, time for some more robust security before you're visited by his Ned pals.

I know I keep harping on about 'alarm mines', but they are the best BANG for buck security. I just love the idea that the skulking bastards get the message so quick, that by the time your out of bed the only reminder of them is the fading whiff of their sh!t filled tracksuits
    where do you buy alarm mines? or better still real ones?

Quote Originally Posted by danseyspass View Post
    where do you buy alarm mines? or better still real ones?

Have ve a look on bush wear or even eBay but youl need to take the shot out of a few 12 bore carts to stay the right side of the law mores the pity

Like this

View item:
    Gate Fence Shed Trip Line Alarm Mine Blank Firer

End time: 1 Aug 2014 15:11:26 BST

That never worked properly as should be a picture of it

www.newmachartreesurgery.co.uk

Try this supplier: http://www.furfeatherandfin.com/prod...l#.U8RJgPldWSo

I use black powder blanks which create a mighty big flash and a lot of smoke when they go off.

Like any cartridge, when left out in a damp environment they will soon deteriorate and I found the trick is to seal them in cling film before putting them in the alarm gun.

Oh and don't waste your money on buying a trip wire as any thin wire will do or alternatively very fine fishing line which can be very difficult to spot.

I'd not be tempted to use a shotgun shell even with the pellets removed.