Thread: euro rate

euro rate

whats the general outlook for the euro in the next 2 months,currently 126 to the pound.was 121 in feb14. i need to order a few

Re: euro rate

Quote Originally Posted by zsnotdead View Post
    whats the general outlook for the euro in the next 2 months,currently 126 to the pound.was 121 in feb14. i need to order a few
    If anyone can give you an answer to that, please let me know!!!

Be satisfied to order now, and take what comes!!

As you say it is a much better rate now, what happens if Alex wins?

Jack Caley

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    If anyone can give you an answer to that, please let me know!!!

Be satisfied to order now, and take what comes!!

As you say it is a much better rate now, what happens if Alex wins?

Jack Caley
    i take your point and if alex wins theres a party somewhere in scotland,and if he losses there will be a party in scotland too. win win if you like parties more than politics

IMF has complained to Brussels that the Euro Zone is being too slow to recover & has held UK up as an example. Conversely, UK plc is complaining that the pound is too strong & is affecting exports. Make of that what you will but I'm not complaining as I want to import some more continental heifers

i take your point and if alex wins theres a party somewhere in scotland,and if he losses there will be a party in scotland too. win win if you like parties more than politics
    There may be parties in Scotland either way, but my point is that any sort of uncertainty can affect the pound. It is very rare you win on currency gambling, but my instinct would be grateful for the present rate. It is not often I am wrong, but there you go, I am wrong again!!!
    Jack Caley

Hmm well this time last year I was getting 88 pence per Euro when I changed some money over from my German account. It is currently at 79p per Euro. Great if going on holiday or importing stuff. Not so good if you are getting SFP since this represents another 10% reduction in what we are going to get this year even before they take the 23% modulation off of that!

With current lamb prices it is not looking very rosie in the hill farming sector!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    There may be parties in Scotland either way, but my point is that any sort of uncertainty can affect the pound. It is very rare you win on currency gambling, but my instinct would be grateful for the present rate. It is not often I am wrong, but there you go, I am wrong again!!!
    Jack Caley
    After the yes vote, the pound will drop to parity with the euro. yippee.

Quote Originally Posted by danseyspass View Post
    After the yes vote, the pound will drop to parity with the euro. yippee.
    nice thought...but why would this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by spin cycle View Post
    nice thought...but why would this happen?
    The pound will no longer be a petro currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Hmm well this time last year I was getting 88 pence per Euro when I changed some money over from my German account. It is currently at 79p per Euro. Great if going on holiday or importing stuff. Not so good if you are getting SFP since this represents another 10% reduction in what we are going to get this year even before they take the 23% modulation off of that!

With current lamb prices it is not looking very rosie in the hill farming sector!
    Or indeed if you sell anything at all pretty much that can be imported. The current slide in the milk and beef price (insert lamb, wheat, soya etc) is PRIMARILY due to exchange rate. Any other theory is just noise. Why would the supermarkets bring food in if it cost them more?

When people talk about the law of supply and demand they think in terms of volume. But the main balancing factor is price.

The euro has been on a downward trajectory vs GBP since March 2013, and even worse since late 2009 now. That is one ugly chart for the euro. The euro is going to keep heading down for a while yet. And the EU bank haven't even started printing euros yet. And they will do!!!