Thread: Interesting site.

Interesting site.

Not farming but this is an interesting site and is being used to glean information about MH17.

You can input your nearest airport code or use it like Google Earth and zoom. I find that zoom is better done with the + & - rather than the mouse. Then you can go into Settings and alter the brightness of the map, change Km/h to mph, Km to miles etc. Click on any plane and you get the flight details, height, speed, place of departure, destination, etc.

And before anyone carps on about information for terrorists this information is all in the public domain and is perfectly legal to view it. I find it useful when I am being used as a taxi service to my local airport.

http://www.flightradar24.com/#52.45,...86103705234965

Re: Interesting site.

I use this site and enjoy it. I always used to wonder where a plane high in the sky was going, now I can find out.

Isn't technology wonderful?

the flight radar site is good for seeing where the nearest airport to where you want to go is , can sometimes save a long transfer from the airport .interesting site anyway

We are within about 9 miles of the Ottringham beacon so we get all sorts of aircraft overhead, usually headed for Canada , and the States.
    Just to demonstrate modern air travel and its complexity, one of the most interesting ones I saw some time ago, was an Indian 747 freighter headed towards Frankfurt!!!
    Presumably it had been all the world, west to east, dropping some parcels off, and picking up others!! Quite a journey!!

Jack Caley