Thread: what to do with small lambs

what to do with small lambs

started creep feeding my lambs as need them out soon..about 85-90% of lambs are between 35/43 kg so expect them to be moved quick enough.. there is a few 10/15% that are really small (28/30kg)and wonder whats the best to do with them..they'll take a lot of feeding to justify feeding them and store prices are poor at the minute..any advise welcome

Re: what to do with small lambs

Quote Originally Posted by ram-bo View Post
    started creep feeding my lambs as need them out soon..about 85-90% of lambs are between 35/43 kg so expect them to be moved quick enough.. there is a few 10/15% that are really small (28/30kg)and wonder whats the best to do with them..they'll take a lot of feeding to justify feeding them and store prices are poor at the minute..any advise welcome
    Bite the bullet . Fire some creep at them leave them till end of sept, mid October, local slaughter house box em up Xmas presents,, if you have say 10, 15,,,,?? We have a few knocking about that will go that way,
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

Re: what to do with small lambs

Just done a search and found this thread. I have some rough badly bred light lambs 20-28kg amongst a batch of better heavier lambs that require some feed now to finish. Would you separate small lambs and allow them to hopefully grow or feed the lot and draw as fat irrespective of weight ?