Thread: Turbine land rental

Turbine land rental

Hi just wondering if anyone could recommend a company that offers land rental for turbines, interested in possibility of putting up a 500kw turbine but I am not sure who best to contact about this. I am from Northumberland area any advise would be appreciated.

Re: Turbine land rental

Can't answer your exact question but it's getting hard work to get planning here. Could be an idea to get yourself to county hall on Tuesday night. Central planning committee will likely bounce application in front of it, as they have been doing so frequently. More concerning is that they are increasingly being refused at appeal, due to political input/takeover.

Just worth knowing what you could be up against. Also valuable to see the sort of hoops that applicants now have to jump through.

Quote Originally Posted by New Farmer View Post
    Hi just wondering if anyone could recommend a company that offers land rental for turbines, interested in possibility of putting up a 500kw turbine but I am not sure who best to contact about this. I am from Northumberland area any advise would be appreciated.
    Try The Energy workshop, based in Huddersfield.
    They have been brilliant in the pre and post planning of 2 x 500kw machines for us.
    They are a young team, but have had considerable success and are well thought of by planners throughout the country

The Energy Workshop Limited
    The Media Centre
    7 Northumberland Street
    Huddersfield
    West Yorks HD1 1RL
    Telephone: 0845 257 2050

Quote Originally Posted by New Farmer View Post
    not quite sure what you are after.
    Are you looking for someone, to rent your land to put up a turbine?

or are you after a site to place a turbine?
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.