Thread: Nh t7030 front suspension

Nh t7030 front suspension

The front suspension on our T7030 has stopped working, the ram doesn't seem to be moving. Its not coming up with any error codes so I don't know wants wrong. Ive had a look at the potentiometer on the axle and doesn't appear to be anything wrong. How do I diagnose what's wrong?

Re: Nh t7030 front suspension

Probably the accumulator. There should be an allan head screw in the end of it . Carefully unscrew it a bit if gas comes out screw it up tight its fine ,if oil comes out its goosed

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled View Post
    Probably the accumulator. There should be an allan head screw in the end of it . Carefully unscrew it a bit if gas comes out screw it up tight its fine ,if oil comes out its goosed
    Thanks for the tip. I had gas come out so should rule that out.

How often are you greasing the suspension? The one on the Puma I used to drive used to stop working if it hadn't been greased regularly enough.

Is the tractor sat up off the axle. If it is chances are it will be the accumulator, but to check it properly you will have to remove it and turn it upside down so when you undo the allen key oil will run out. You will need to release the oil pressure off the ram otherwise it will come off like a missile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech-1 View Post
    Is the tractor sat up off the axle. If it is chances are it will be the accumulator, but to check it properly you will have to remove it and turn it upside down so when you undo the allen key oil will run out. You will need to release the oil pressure off the ram otherwise it will come off like a missile.
    Thanks, will try this in the morning. The tractor has a quicke Q76 loader on it so the suspension is under a lot of pressure, I always turn it off when loading muck. But when moving 800kg silage bales as soon u go over 12k (I think) the suspension turns back on automatically and it was when moving bales I noticed it wasn't working but it could of been broken before that because I hadn't been driving it

if it is the same setup as 6080 there is an o ring in the priorities valve that goes as well as the solanoids that could be at fault very simple to check follow the pipes from front suspension up to a valve block and remove this with all weight removed from front axle the accumulator should be bolted to this anyway so would need removing anyway to check accumulator the solenoids come out but remember to label them as there all different there should be a white bit of plastic and a black o ring if either are missing or damaged replace the piece of plastic is not available from nh but can easily be replaced by o ring as instructed by nh fitter as new solanoid is 150
    took about an hr to sort on low bonnet 6080 have same problem on high bonnet version but valve block is in different place dont know where it would be on the t70 chassis

Had the accumulator off and its knackered. Rang dealer for price and they want 770, so will try to source it from some where else because I cannot believe that it should be anywhere near that. I was thinking maybe a couple of hundred. Thank for all of the advice given