Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site Security

Site Security

So how secure are details that we register on here now?

Are any old posts salvaged or is all lost forever?

Re: Site Security

I don't intend to restore the old posts, I think a clean start is best, If there's still interest that is.

I don't know how secure it is, I think if people are determined enough they will always break through.

are you going to set up the different sections again. If its possible i would like to see old posts restored as there handy when searching.

I'll set up the different sections again, if there is any demand.

With being down for this long, I'm not sure how much demand there will be.

Hop to it..... Sooner it's done the better

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post

I think there will be less interest if you dont, and there was some really good info there, it will be a shame for it to be lost

The trouble is Blue that as you are no doubt aware most members are now actively posting on http://thefarmingforum.co.uk/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by GavinJ View Post
    The trouble is Blue that as you are no doubt aware most members are now actively posting on http://thefarmingforum.co.uk/index.php
    You could always join us there, and share the old threads

posting is like drinking !!!!!

If the old pub burns down you drink somewhere else until the old pub is rebuilt !!!!!

I am with llamedos here .

Get going blue some of us have been with you since the FWI went t#ts up

we might have a pint in another pub but this is our local well as local to germany as I can get ....

Gruß

Max

Quote Originally Posted by llamedos View Post
    I think there will be less interest if you dont, and there was some really good info there, it will be a shame for it to be lost
    +1

It's no good having the place look like not bothered either way - the alternative took off in a couple of days which shows the demand is strong even if some decide to stay there.
    Get it looking back as it was with the flag logo and main categories ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by xerion View Post
    posting is like drinking !!!!!

If the old pub burns down you drink somewhere else until the old pub is rebuilt !!!!!

I am with llamedos here .

Get going blue some of us have been with you since the FWI went t#ts up

we might have a pint in another pub but this is our local well as local to germany as I can get ....

Gruß

Max
    Me too. I can easily drink in two pubs.

Quote Originally Posted by llamedos View Post
    I would really like the old threads restored. To much knowledge to lose. All the vet threads in livestock for a start. Might as well stay on The Farming Forum if you don't.

Blue, if by any chance you have no wish to resurect BFF as it was, here is a message from the pub next door.

Can anyone who managed to register on BFF please BEG Blue to let us have his most recent database dump, even a hacked and infected one, there is still hope we could save all those old threads

PLEASE ! we can't allow all those posts to just disapear
    I for one hope you consider, it truly would be a shame to lose these old posts. Good luck chap whatever decision you make. Carole

Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    It's no good having the place look like not bothered either way - the alternative took off in a couple of days which shows the demand is strong even if some decide to stay there.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by 6920s pilot View Post
    Agreed.
    +1 liked, rated whatever. How can we say 'do a search' when someone asks an obvious question. When there's no database to search

I don't intend to restore the old posts, I think a clean start is best, If there's still interest that is.
    Don't be dis-spirited you had/have a really good site here, but its main asset was its back catalog of posts.
    Clive's new forum looks very good and I expect that many of us will spend a lot of time there, but that doesn't mean we can't have two good forums.

I'll set up the different sections again, if there is any demand.With being down for this long, I'm not sure how much demand there will be.
    Blue,welcome (again) is there any chance you access our old PM boxes, i have job details and contact details for said potential new emplyer in there.. clearly they are long gone unless you know of a way to recover it, feel free to send an email to my pers e-mail addressmany thanks

Big Vern, if you PM me the old username of the person who contacted you, I might be able to contact them for you. That would be the simplest solution, if that's OK.

Well done getting something up and going. It must have been traumatic for you when you realised the old site had been hacked. Maybe you underestimate what a valuable resource BFF was/is/hope will be again, to the farming community. I'm sure, should you wish, there are many members of the old board who have the technical expertise and will to help.

The demand is there, not just for the sections but also for their content. Please...

Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    Agreed. I get the impression that BFF is no longer Blue's main priority these days, but over the years it's been an incredibly useful resource to many people, and the moderator team have worked tirelessly, often with little thanks, to keep the place running. In fairness to them ans all the people who've supported this place over the years, it would be a great shame simply to shrug our shoulders and say 'oh well, never mind'. If blue doesn't have the enthusiasm for it then perhaps he could hand at least some of the responsibility over to the moderators, and let them get on with what needs to be done.

I'd also suggest that allowing free emails to be used to register would be a good idea at least for a week or two while things get going. lots of people don't have isp based emails these days, and if accounts are validated manually it's not hard to tell which emails are genuine.

I would say if Blue doesn't have the time an patience for this any more, that he should give as mentioned above his latest database dump from the old BFF to Clive on http://thefarmingforum.co.uk so he can salvage the old posts and then just redirect this site to that site. People seam to be flocking over there. BFF has now been reset twice that I can remember and it has made me annoyed each time, as all that usefull info is now lost and contact details etc... It's a wealth of knowledge in that archive and shouldn't be lost IMO

I've registered on this site using my old password so if the site does get hacked again what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    I've registered on this site using my old password so if the site does get hacked again what's the problem?
    If you have the same username and password it would be a problem, but if you have a new guise then it could be fairly safe to recycle your old password

ff

Nice to see the site back up and running, but as others have said please re install the old posts database

so what the difference in the 2 sites

farmingforum
    thefarmingforum

Glad the site is back up and running!

Hats off to you Blue!

As previously said though - old posts really need to be shown again.
    They are your main selling point over rival sites!

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyjim View Post
    so what the difference in the 2 sites

farmingforum
    thefarmingforum
    thefarmingforum was set up by Clive a while ago, he opened it up when BFF went down, and in the last few days there have been a lot of posts, most people seam to be posting there now.

Is there no way of getting the old site back at all some of them threads were epic and can never be replaced like RB s farming on tracks what BFF was best at was the ability to look right back I used to spend hours on end searching old posts when on holiday by a pool while my wife read a book

Time to get this show back on the road please show your support for Blue and make this place better than ever, I ain't going anywhere,