Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Site Security

Re: Site Security

You got my vote for restoring this site, and the historic posts really are a valuable source of info for members old and new (and others on a google search )

I'm back

I have more post now than FT

Its great to have it back up and running , well done blue , even though Im an Irish man , I think you should return the British flag to the forum , it really gave the forum its own identity and made it stand out from other forums , the bland colour is boring , also if you could return the old information it would be a great bonus and would help to build the forum back up.

Get all the archive stuff back up and you'll have everyone flocking back. It's one of the big talking points on Clive's site.

i could never register before because of my server address i am now registered with my free email address and want to be able to enjoy all the old posts i used to be able to read but couldnt reply to as i now hopefully can you wont be able replace all the years of knowledge that the old posts had pretty please with a cherry on top and double cream

Quote Originally Posted by xerion View Post
    posting is like drinking !!!!!

If the old pub burns down you drink somewhere else until the old pub is rebuilt !!!!!

I am with llamedos here .

Get going blue some of us have been with you since the FWI went t#ts up

we might have a pint in another pub but this is our local well as local to germany as I can get ....

Gruß

Max

Hello Max,
    good to see/hear you! Funny you should mention FWi, looked there this week, first time for ages searching for some very old posts. Found a few long forgotten posts there that reminded me why I joined forums and enjoy helping out others. Much needed inspiration just when it was needed!

Best rgds

Peter

Blue and the mothership have my support, I'm certainly not going anywhere either. Old threads for research would be nice though if it's at all possible

Hi, I have been a member of this forum under different guises for many years now, I remember when the archive was lost a few years ago & it didn't take that long for a new archive to get built up with newer answers from different people + the old answers from existing people, if you asked 50 questions now the forum would be very busy by tonight & lots of knowledge gained!
    i actually think that sometimes an archive stifles a forum, people feel hard of starting a thread because a similar one exists from 2 years ago so they don't want to be told they should have done a search!
    so I'm not that bothered about the old posts.

Big Vern's dilemma is different & I hope he finds his information. But it shows how much trust we put in the fickle world of computers! Of which I am guilty of myself!

I'm back

Quote Originally Posted by stockslave View Post
    Blue and the mothership have my support, I'm certainly not going anywhere either. Old threads for research would be nice though if it's at all possible
    Ditto from me, don't like changes, especially takeovers..... lost a job like that once with no redundancy!