Thread: Solar PV Tariffs Will Be Reduced By At Least 3.5% in January...

Solar PV Tariffs Will Be Reduced By At Least 3.5% in January...

We do not know by how much but the minimum will be 3.5%.

Potentially there is still time to get a Connection Offer (DNO dependant) but if there are any upgrade or reinforcement works required you are not going to get them completed for 1st Jan.

However if you are in the position where you have accepted a Connection Offer ( and paid a deposit) but DNO works cannot be completed until into 2015 you should still be able to secure the current Tariff rates.

We are in this position with several jobs but a simple letter from the DNO explaining the delays ( which most DNO's are happy to provide) can be sent to the FIT provider explaining that it is not the customers fault and alongside the fact that you've paid a deposit for the works to be completed will (with my jobs to date) secure you on the current FIT rate.

In our case we are actually installing the systems before the end of the year and I've not tested the theory without an install potentially being in place - but it may be worth having the conversation.

If anyone has any queries please feel free to give me a shout

Kind Regards

Mike Smith
    0796 462 9142 50 kW Solar OFFER

Re: Solar PV Tariffs Will Be Reduced By At Least 3.5% in January...

would it not be better to apply for reaccreditation if the schemes are over 50KWp
    This guarantees the FIT rate fromm the day of application.

PS am I right believing there is no reduction in October?
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    would it not be better to apply for reaccreditation if the schemes are over 50KWp
    This guarantees the FIT rate fromm the day of application.

PS am I right believing there is no reduction in October?
    Hi Stephen

Yes your right of course but planning on 50kW may be cutting it fine I guess

Yes there is no reduction in October but I was at an event and it was mentioned that there maybe a 7% rather than a 3.5% reduction - The problem now is that DECCs deployment figures are monthly in arrears rather than weekly and stops us smart alecs second guessing what the reduction will be.

Regards

Mike

when would be the cut off point I wonder with all renewables , that it would not be worth doing .
    With the fits being cut and electric output purchase not going up the time is coming fast ?

Quote Originally Posted by RGT View Post
    when would be the cut off point I wonder with all renewables , that it would not be worth doing .
    With the fits being cut and electric output purchase not going up the time is coming fast ?
    It's a very good point and one we (as a business) ask on a regular basis. The key from our point of view is that we now have a window on the levels of FIT degresion quarter by quarter and based on installed capacity we know how far if at all the tariff will fall. This allows us to confidently plan installs and confirm tariff levels for customers.

I was at the Energy Show at the NEC yesterday and talking with several developers and PV funders who each thought that with current digression levels, fuel inflation and the costs of installations that the economic model will stack up certainly for the next 24 - 30 months. Whilst this offers no guarantees these guys (love em or hate em!) are putting their money where their mouth is and my guess is that their economic modelling won't be too far off the mark.

Kind Regards

Mike Smith